Virgin Account online

Rogueperson

I just recently booked my first cruise with Virgin and just got my booking number from my TA.  I set up an account online and for some reason, it won't let me log in.  Or better yet, when i try to log in, it goes "Aw Dang" please try again.  I tried to log in on my phone, and it gives me the same error.

I called Customer support and they just kind of directed me to download the app, but I still can't access my account online. I can log into the app with my password, just not online.

I'm probably going to wait a few days and see what happens, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, was it ever solved?

Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pacoduck said:

Mine says that every time but accesses my info anyways.🤷‍♀️

The opposite. I get the menu where i can click for login details and all the other menus.  Just no information comes up.

I can click dashboard, but it says Ahoy Undefined.  I suspect my name is supposed to be there.  I can even ask it to send me a verification link, which it does.  Then when i verify, it says gotcha.  And then, same problem.

My husband and I have the same issue. Chatted online and called multiple times. They just keep telling us it’s escalated and someone will reach out to us soon. We try to follow up every a few days but never got the issue resolved. Very frustrated. That reminds me it has been 4 business days since they promised us a 48 hours response time. Gotta call again.

• Like 1

What I learned before my last cruise from.  Per the tech department, the app and the on line accounts are not linked.  When my on line account acted up, they had me go to set up account like I was making a new account.  I then entered all my info again, just as if it were the first time, and it magically linked to my cruises and worked.  When it went wonky again a few weeks later, I did this again and it worked again.  I don't know if this will cure your on line mess, but it worked for me.

If you call, tell them you need tech help, not customer service.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jon81uk said:

See if your travel agent can get help quicker?

I may do that, but i'm a little scared to.  Why?  My TA took over two weeks to get me my invoice.  Why?  Virgin's site wasn't cooperating with her 😆

A little different Aw Dang.

My account seems ok but when I go to add a the 2nd sailor I get the Aw Dang after entering all the info.  So I have  now entered the info for the 2nd sailor a few times and still get the Aw Dang.  It's not very cute now.

Will give them a call.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:11 PM, cantgetin said:

What I learned before my last cruise from.  Per the tech department, the app and the on line accounts are not linked.  When my on line account acted up, they had me go to set up account like I was making a new account.  I then entered all my info again, just as if it were the first time, and it magically linked to my cruises and worked.  When it went wonky again a few weeks later, I did this again and it worked again.  I don't know if this will cure your on line mess, but it worked for me.

If you call, tell them you need tech help, not customer service.

This was my experience... for me, when I was browsing around online I told the website to use my Google account as my login - specifically using the little "G" button... but then I forgot I had done that and when I got to my app, I used my email - which is still gmail, but it was not my actual Google account. Presto I had 2 accounts and it was jacked. A quick call to the help desk resolved it for me, BUT that was way before they had nearly as many help desk people as they do today and the person I spoke to actually knew to route me to tech support.