How is the dinner buffet?

Illbcruzn4life

5 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Yet others who are not on a TA report the same buffet issues.  Please tell me why?

When will we get the same Celebrity quality OVC that we have become accustomed to?

Or do we just move to other cruise lines?

Pardon me if I like the old Celebrity who had a consistent food product.

I can only report on something I have seen 

At 60% filled the selection look great and wished we would stayed there a couple of nights but we had a table of 10 and had great time

some dinners lasted 2-1/2 hours since we were having a great time with everyone 

I believe you will never be happy with Celebrity and  it is time to move on to a different line as Celebrity will never be as good as you  remember 

• Like 5

The dinner buffet in the OVC on Equinox was truly scaled back to just a few choices when we cruised in January.  Very disappointing, although we rarely use it.   The breakfast and lunch buffets were pretty normal.  From comments here since that time, the dinner buffet on most if not all ships has become much better in terms of open stations and selections.  But still not quite back to what it was prior to 2023.

On 5/20/2023 at 9:04 AM, Illbcruzn4life said:

Ok thank you. The boards were going crazy last time I popped in here.

was looking at the Reflection

I was on the Reflection and in January and posted about the dinner buffet when I returned. I was happy with the options:

Edited by Carried_Away

Some of the biggest complaints in January were on the Edge class ships. We were on the Reflection and the selections were cut down from pre-pandemic they were fine. We didn't eat there every night but when we did there wasn't a problem finding a good meal. (And I am a Celiac so no gluten)

I was wondering if the food has improved on the Edge class for the buffet. We like eating there sometimes because it is casual and quick. We will be on Apex for 22 days so I'm hoping it has improved from January.

Thanks!

Janet

I was on Constellation in February and that's about the time the boards were on fire about the buffet. We had a delayed embarkation due to fog in Tampa so the first night we did the dinner buffet and there was a really nice selection and we thought the rumors weren't 100% true. Well, apparently it was because it was a late embarkation and they must have expected a large buffet for dinner turnout. All subsequent nights, when we went to check out the buffet, it was pitiful. We mostly ate in the MDR but were checking out the buffet due to all the negative reports. We did eat in the buffet at least one other time and the offerings were not only very limited but the quality just wasn't there. Hopefully there have been enough complaints that they've gone back to normal. There is a Celebrity cruise I want to book but hubby isn't game due to the disappointment in food both in the buffet and the MDR (they've cut selections there too...and it seems quality was lacking).