I just paid in full - now what or how

Oceansaway17

do I setup dining for MDR or anything else.  I thought it was odd when making my booking that no choices for dining???  Now I see it has to be done on the app and not the website?  Really?????

Do I need the silly medallion for my wrist or do I use my phone?   I mean this isn't a theme park.......

Sorry but NO other cruise so far in the last few years have I ever been confused on how to get dining.  Why is this?

any help please

Download the medallion app onto your phone so you can set up your MDR reservations. On the app you can also take care of all of your travel documentations that need to be quickly uploaded It really is truly very easy to do so. 

Also on the app you can view your daily activities on there if you choose to do so but in your cabin you can get the old school patter which is got the list of activities what does delivered daily to your cabin.

The medallions that you wear is simply your old fashioned cruise card. It will open your cabin door It's also your item identification to get on and off the ship as well as your payment all attached to it. Essentially it's also like a GPS. If you order ocean.now which os like a room service anywhere on the ship they can easily find you to deliver. Some people where are the medallions on lanyard some get clips or wristbands. I know I carry a little bag with me so I usually just kind of throw it in there some people keep it in their pocket. You do what works best for you.

• Like 3

I get the impression some clarification might put this together for you.

The Medallion App and the Medallion are two different things.

As mentioned above, the Medallion you wear has a code, like a car license plate that identifies you to your cabin door and your onboard account. That is all. Yes, onboard you can request a cruise card instead, but it's actually handy.

The Medallion App is what you may use for many things related to your cruise. There's a video about this on Princess website, more detailed than I can be here.

To your question, you will want to download the App, which can be glitchy, but if you go to Princess website to download the app, select the option to upload preboarding using the web based version instead. It is slow to respond. Notwithstanding, this way went much smoother than the App for our cruises since restart. Oh? You say there has been a change and cannot do dining reservations? I just did my dining reservations a couple weeks ago. Hmm, well it worked for me.

Maybe there is a faster way to book dining, but we did our reservations night by night rather than one time, one dining room for all nights. Slow, but you'll get through it. Another thing, remember to change  settings on your phone or tablet so that your browser has permission to access your camera, because you'll need to take a photo of your passport.

We do credit card at the pier, so we're always "Blue". Complete everything amd you're "Green!"

You still need to go to the website to print luggage tags, but there's no more boarding passes. Good Luck!

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

do I setup dining for MDR or anything else.  I thought it was odd when making my booking that no choices for dining???  Now I see it has to be done on the app and not the website?  Really?????

Do I need the silly medallion for my wrist or do I use my phone?   I mean this isn't a theme park.......

Sorry but NO other cruise so far in the last few years have I ever been confused on how to get dining.  Why is this?

any help please

Read the Princess website. Explains the medallion and how to setup dining. 

Or, better yet, ask your TA.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

We just fully paid and I just set up dining via the phone app. There are two other couples on the cruise with us and the earliest dining I could set up for the 6 of us was 7:40 or 8:00pm in Concerto or Allegro. If I set dining for just my wife and I we could book any of the main ding rooms startinfg at 5:00pm. The time works for us as we plan to do the theater shows at 9:30 but would liked to have eaten a little earlier. We'll have to stand in line for that or try to book an earlier time on each day.

12 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

The Medallion App and the Medallion are two different things.

The Medallion App is what you may use for many things related to your cruise. There's a video about this on Princess website, more detailed than I can be here.

To your question, you will want to download the App, which can be glitchy, but if you go to Princess website to download the app, select the option to upload preboarding using the web based version instead. It is slow to respond. Notwithstanding, this way went much smoother than the App for our cruises since restart. Oh? You say there has been a change and cannot do dining reservations? I just did my dining reservations a couple weeks ago. Hmm, well it worked for me.

Maybe there is a faster way to book dining, but we did our reservations night by night rather than one time, one dining room for all nights. Slow, but you'll get through it. Another thing, remember to change  settings on your phone or tablet so that your browser has permission to access your camera, because you'll need to take a photo of your passport.

Thanks for reply.

so clarify for me did you use app on Website to book dining or did you do it in phone?

I am surprise Princess does not just ask for dining preferences when making deposits.

I get the idea I will end up in buffet rather than getting saddled with 8 pm dining

Is there a cost for medallion? 

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Thanks for reply.

so clarify for me did you use app on Website to book dining or did you do it in phone?

I am surprise Princess does not just ask for dining preferences when making deposits.

I get the idea I will end up in buffet rather than getting saddled with 8 pm dining

cost - no - if picked up at the port ... if mailed to you is an option - $10

43 minutes ago, georgemoe said:

We just fully paid and I just set up dining via the phone app. There are two other couples on the cruise with us and the earliest dining I could set up for the 6 of us was 7:40 or 8:00pm in Concerto or Allegro. If I set dining for just my wife and I we could book any of the main ding rooms startinfg at 5:00pm. The time works for us as we plan to do the theater shows at 9:30 but would liked to have eaten a little earlier. We'll have to stand in line for that or try to book an earlier time on each day.

You can try booking the dining room and time you want as a table for two and then go back in and add the other people to your reservation as your traveling companions which will then make you a table for six at the time and dining room you want.  To do this you will need their booking numbers and to add them in the app as "Travel Companion", then go back to your reservation in the Dine My Way portion of the app and select "Add Guests", just follow the steps from there.  You may have to do it for every day and for each couple separately which is what I had to do to set up our table for 8 on our 111-day WC recently - it's a real pain but it can be done.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BabySarge said:

You can try booking the dining room and time you want as a table for two and then go back in and add the other people to your reservation as your traveling companions which will then make you a table for six at the time and dining room you want.  To do this you will need their booking numbers and to add them in the app as "Travel Companion", then go back to your reservation in the Dine My Way portion of the app and select "Add Guests", just follow the steps from there.  You may have to do it for every day and for each couple separately which is what I had to do to set up our table for 8 on our 111-day WC recently - it's a real pain but it can be done.  

Great tip thank you!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Now I see it has to be done on the app and not the website?  Really?????

No need for the app. You can do dining reservations directly on the website. Just use the MedallionClass web version link under 'Check-in'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

No need for the app. You can do dining reservations directly on the website. Just use the MedallionClass web version link under 'Check-in'.

Is the password for app same as web because it won’t let me use this.

I have no issues with Royal, NCL, or Disney cruise lines just this Princess stuff 

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Is the password for app same as web because it won’t let me use this.

Use the login using your booking number instead. This should work without an OceanReady account.

Just now, EDVM96 said:

Use the login using your booking number instead. This should work without an OceanReady account.

Wow really different but now I have to have that memorized. 
Again I might be sorry I even booked with Princess since they do things a lot different given technology which has had complications too.

thanks

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

So clarify for me did you use app on Website to book dining or did you do it in phone?

As Voljeep wrote, there is no cost for the Medallion. Some want it shipped to them and that is $10. Some buy a fancy holder for the Medallion, or use the free lanyard that comes with it.

There are general tutorials to answer your questions about Ocean Ready and the App on the Princess website.

When ready to do your preboarding, including dining, log onto Princess and click your Cruise Personalizer. Near the bottom on the right, you'll see black boxes to download the App from either the Apple App store or Google Play. Download whichever because you may want it on the ship.

Below those boxes, it will say use web version. That is what we found trouble free for preboarding. You may choose to preboard using the App that you've downloaded, but it has been buggy. All I'm saying is the web version was not buggy for me, just slow. Either way, you should preboard. Important to log into either the App or web version using your booking number. I see EDVM96 has also noted this. Otherwise, the app doesn't know to connect you and your booking number. Just work your way down the menu.

If you get stuck. Call Princess and at the prompts, an Ocean Navigator will call you back, and walk you through it. But try first.

Edited by mtnesterz

14 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

To your question, you will want to download the App, which can be glitchy, but if you go to Princess website to download the app, select the option to upload preboarding using the web based version instead. It is slow to respond. Notwithstanding, this way went much smoother than

THANKS SO VERY MUCH.

YIPPEE it worked. In fact I was impressed with my choices of dining and private vs share.

Wow  I got what I wanted.  I picked private table too since one never knows whom will be seated with.

again many thanks.  I even got a security photo uploaded.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

. That is what we found trouble free for preboarding. You may choose to preboard using the App that you've downloaded, but it has been buggy. All I'm saying is the web version was not buggy for me, just slow. Either way, you should preboard. Important to log into either the App or web version using your booking number. I see EDVM96 has also noted this. Otherwise, the app doesn't know to connect you and your booking number. Just work your way down the menu.

If you get stuck. Call Princess and at the prompts, an Ocean Navigator will call you back, and walk you through it. But try first.

I actually setup a password and it worked.  Had to be different than Princess Website because of 8 digits.  I will hopefully do checkin oneline and print out stuff.   I do not use the apps for other cruislines except for quick stuff.     thanks.  I don't go until end of August on the Grand for Alaska.  

Can I use my desktop computer to all the registration and dining reservation stuff?  I know I can download the app to my phone, but I would hate to have to use the phone to input all the necessary information.

Yes.  Log on, go to the Booked Guests tab, and select Cruise Personalizer or use this link to log on:

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/index.page

Works for most things for the cruise except dining.  For that you need the web-based version of the medallion.  Log in, go to Booking Summary (first tab of Personalizer).  Halfway down page is "Check-In with Medallion Class app".  Right under the two links to the app stores is a "Try our web version" link.

It is MUCH easier to enter data on the browser link than on a phone (although passport entry on phone is done by scanning your passport info page).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bagney said:

You can also input Passport information manually in the phone App or the online Ocean Ready website (https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com)

The only two things you can't do in the web version is to select a boarding group and to view the detailed JourneyView. The app is needed if you wish to do these.

• Like 1