I just paid in full - now what or how

Oceansaway17

37 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

The only two things you can't do in the web version is to select a boarding group and to view the detailed JourneyView. The app is needed if you wish to do these.

Edit: And you can't buy MedallionNet Internet in advance in the web version. It's also only in the app.

• Like 1

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

do I setup dining for MDR or anything else.  I thought it was odd when making my booking that no choices for dining???  Now I see it has to be done on the app and not the website?  Really?????

Do I need the silly medallion for my wrist or do I use my phone?   I mean this isn't a theme park.......

Sorry but NO other cruise so far in the last few years have I ever been confused on how to get dining.  Why is this?

any help please

Here is a list of what I do;

1. Download the medallion app on my phone and link the booking

2. Login to ‘cruise personaliser’ on the website

3. Fill in all the necessary forms under ‘check in’ on the cruise personaliser 

4. Buy any drinks packages under ‘onboard services’ on the cruise personaliser

5. Buy any excursions under ‘excursions’ on the personaliser

6. In the app I go to ‘travel check list’ and fill in any necessary information under ‘personal information and documents’ and upload my photo

7. I should now be in ‘green lane’

8. Under ‘dine my way’ in the app I book dining times if I want to or one can turn up on the day

9. Under ‘travel checklist’ in the app I can buy wearable medallion accessories if I want, air tag accessories on Amazon work just as well. (You do sadly have to have this on you at all times, it essentially is your room key and method of payment. The app on your phone you really do not need on you on the cruise you just need it for check in.)

10. 75 days out, on the personaliser I go into ‘travel documents and luggage tags’ in the top right hand corner and print off my documents and luggage tags.

11. 60 days out, I go to the app and under ‘personal information and documents’ I book my arrival time to the ship.

12. Now I will see the boarding QR code on the app.

13. No need to book events etc. on the app as this doesn’t mean anything 

I hope that helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I actually setup a password and it worked.  Had to be different than Princess Website because of 8 digits.  I will hopefully do checkin oneline and print out stuff.   I do not use the apps for other cruislines except for quick stuff.     thanks.  I don't go until end of August on the Grand for Alaska.  

There isn't a paper boarding pass. Do you mean luggage tag?

On 5/22/2023 at 10:40 AM, BabySarge said:

You can try booking the dining room and time you want as a table for two and then go back in and add the other people to your reservation as your traveling companions which will then make you a table for six at the time and dining room you want.  To do this you will need their booking numbers and to add them in the app as "Travel Companion", then go back to your reservation in the Dine My Way portion of the app and select "Add Guests", just follow the steps from there.  You may have to do it for every day and for each couple separately which is what I had to do to set up our table for 8 on our 111-day WC recently - it's a real pain but it can be done.  

Just went back and changed our first night dining time to 5:40. Worked great! Had to change it to Allegro but really shouldn't make a big difference. I left the other nights the same.

• Like 1