When did the printed Fun Times return to delivery in the cabins?

6 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

They are color but they aren't the same size that they used to be. They are a tri-fold now, a little bit bigger when folded then the old tear off sheet used to be on the old Fun Times. All of the info is still there, although it's less wordy. It's nicely laid out and easy to carry with you. They removed the picture of the funnel from the front page and that saved a lot of space. I like the new format.

I compared the Fun Times from our last pre Covid cruises on the Sunrise in September 2019 to the Fun Times from the Celebration last month. The size and format were exactly the same. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I compared the Fun Times from our last pre Covid cruises on the Sunrise in September 2019 to the Fun Times from the Celebration last month. The size and format were exactly the same. 😎

Ah, I was looking at one from ancient times- 2012.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Ah, I was looking at one from ancient times- 2012.

Just for sh**s and giggles, I went back and looked at our Fun Times through the years. They changed to the current format sometime between March and September 2016. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2023 at 6:27 PM, Michelle236 said:

I am probably in the minority, but I was glad they did away with them.  I feel like they are such a waste of paper.  But that is just my opinion.  I carry my phone for pictures anyhow, so I like to just use the app.  I know a lot of people lock their phone away for the cruise, which I totally understand, and for that I am glad those people can get their paper copies 🙂

I'm in the "lock the phone away" camp, so I'm looking forward to printed Fun Times and menus. I hate the app and let my husband deal with it. 

At the end of March I took a 5-day NYC-Bermuda cruise on Norwegian Prima, and one feature I really liked about Prima was the availability of touch screens near the elevator banks so you could see what activities were taking place, what food venues were available, etc. I didn't have to use their app (which I never was able to get to work) or carry around the paper Freestyle Daily (which was delivered to every cabin). It was even easy for a Luddite like me.

• Like 4

For some people it’s a waste of paper. For others, like us, we like the paper much better.  Screen scrolling to find stuff is a pain and annoying.  When spending money for a trip, we don’t want annoying to be a part of the experience. To each their own though. Maybe an opt in or out with the steward would save some waste. 

• Like 4

On 5/22/2023 at 6:38 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

I love spreading the paper version out in front of me on the bed before I turn in at night so I can plan for the next day. It's just not as fun in the app.

I do the same thing. I also like that it saves a trip to the Cafe each morning to get it.

• Like 1

I’m glad they’re back. Now if we could just get actual menus back that would be great. I’m the only one who uses my phone on the cruise so I had to pass my phone to my spouse at dinner. Which is fine, but then the waiter would come and one of us knew what we wanted and the other didn’t because we didn’t get time to look. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m glad they’re back. Now if we could just get actual menus back that would be great. I’m the only one who uses my phone on the cruise so I had to pass my phone to my spouse at dinner. Which is fine, but then the waiter would come and one of us knew what we wanted and the other didn’t because we didn’t get time to look. 

They have menus, you just need to ask for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

On several of my recent cruises, I didn't have to ask. They offered them as soon as I sat down, and I even had my phone in my hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

On several of my recent cruises, I didn't have to ask. They offered them as soon as I sat down, and I even had my phone in my hand. 

Yes, I know, this is a hold over from COVID days when they stopped handing out menus. I can see it as an efficiency to not return to handing out menus to everyone so this might be something they keep. 

Edited by sparks1093

On 5/25/2023 at 7:02 AM, sparks1093 said:

On 5/25/2023 at 9:47 AM, staceyglow said:

On our recent April 29 Horizon cruise, about half our section needed paper menus.  And the whole cruise, the wait team only had 6 menus.  They had to be passed to several tables every night.

• Thanks 1

On our April 29 Horizon cruise, we were on Deck 7 AFT, Portside.  Forward every mailbox got a Funtimes.  MID & AFT none.  For our section, if you asked the steward put them in you cabin.