Medallion Customization at Port on Embarkation Day

MochiiOwl

Due to an error with my credit card, my Medallion order was cancelled.

I'm fine with picking them up at the port, however I'm a bit bummed it won't have the customization to commemorate this sailing.  It's a small thing, but I like the details.

I was just on the phone with Princess, and they told me that I could purchase and order the Customization for the Medallion face at the Port on the Day of Embarkation.  I've never heard of this and feel like it'd be a logistic nightmare.  I had the rep verify with her supervisor that this is possible.  Has anyone had experience with this? 

Consider that the most common Medallion problem on the ship is that the Medallion battery goes dead and there's no replacing it. They get lost on the ship, some have it mailed but it doesn't arrive... So there has to be a system where passengers can get a new medallion if it's DOA at the port or goes dead or lost onboard. I did read somewhere that the replacement Medallions do have printing on them, but can't say from direct experience. If they've sold it to you, they need to provide it. This problem must have been considered, or resolution come up with after thousands and thousands of passengers. Bring your order confirmation.

1 minute ago, mtnesterz said:

Consider that the most common Medallion problem on the ship is that the Medallion battery goes dead and there's no replacing it. They get lost on the ship, some have it mailed but it doesn't arrive... So there has to be a system where passengers can get a new medallion if it's DOA at the port or goes dead or lost onboard. I did read somewhere that the replacement Medallions do have printing on them, but can't say from direct experience. If they've sold it to you, they need to provide it. This problem must have been considered, or resolution come up with after thousands and thousands of passengers. Bring your order confirmation.

yes, we have had to replace Medallions  many times because we do longer cruises, and the battery dies anywhere between 2 and 3 weeks. They make a new one in about minutes, and it does have your name, ship name and sailing date inscribed, just like the original

• Thanks 1

They just print out different stickers to place on a generic Medallion. I'm sure they have all the different sticker faces in the computer to customize any Medallion on the spot.