Room service in the Grills

AspirationalFlyer

5 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

I have noticed the regular room service menu is the same,  But in addition, Grills passengers can order meals from the Grills menu during restaurant hours. 

Understood. 
The reason I’m asking is that I have an early excursion one day and probably need to leave by the time the PG restaurant opens. 
Not a big deal any which way. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 5:40 AM, AspirationalFlyer said:

Hello all

Quick question: is the room service menu the same in the Grills as in Britannia/Britannia Club? 

I’m travelling on QE in the Med in September. 

Thank you! 

We had to order A La Carte by lunchtime for Princess Grill if you wanted it for that night, also had in in our room service. Queen Elizabeth looks great.

3 hours ago, tv24 said:

Exlondoner:  What was so bitter?

Some choose  dine 'in'  through choice.

Exondoner had no choice as she was diagnosed with Covid.

To catch Covid once on a ship is very unfortunate, to do so, twice, a bitter experience.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Some choose  dine 'in'  through choice.

Exondoner had no choice as she was diagnosed with Covid.

To catch Covid once on a ship is very unfortunate, to do so, twice, a bitter experience.

So Sorry.  Now I understand.  I caught Covid on the QM2, but it was just before we disembarked.  Still not a happy experience.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

Does dine-in from the Grills menu (during restaurant hours) work also for breakfast, or only for lunch and dinner; and if so, how does it work? (Newbie question, obviously.)

We have room service breakfast every day and the menu is extensive [in our opinion anyway] and found no need to ask for anything else. I'm sure however, if there was something on the restaurant menu, you fancied for breakfast, if you asked the night before to ensure it was available in-room, and it was, then write the request as an addition to the breakfast order.

49 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We have room service breakfast every day and the menu is extensive [in our opinion anyway] and found no need to ask for anything else. I'm sure however, if there was something on the restaurant menu, you fancied for breakfast, if you asked the night before to ensure it was available in-room, and it was, then write the request as an addition to the breakfast order.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

You're welcome.

A pre-order in the restaurant might be a good idea too in addition to the request on the breakfast card.

Belt and braces.🙂

I usually just go with a belt . . . but perhaps in this case, I should add extra support.  Come to think of it:  for breakfast in the room, do we have to use the card, or can we just call and order (as in a hotel)?

12 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

I usually just go with a belt . . . but perhaps in this case, I should add extra support.  Come to think of it:  for breakfast in the room, do we have to use the card, or can we just call and order (as in a hotel)?

We had breakfast most days in our PG room always filled in breakfast card as the hard working staff are always busy and never wanted to ring at that time, having said that you certainly can call like a hotel and anything special let them know the night before. After a few small hiccups we had great room service always on time speak from experience as we eat mostly in our room.

5 hours ago, Down-Unders said:

We had breakfast most days in our PG room always filled in breakfast card as the hard working staff are always busy and never wanted to ring at that time, having said that you certainly can call like a hotel and anything special let them know the night before. After a few small hiccups we had great room service always on time speak from experience as we eat mostly in our room.

Thanks—that’s a very thoughtful observation. I doubt we would want to eat lunch and dinner in our room (unless we get locked in for Covid . . . ), but breakfast there on occasion might be nice. I suspect what’s on the order card would cover most of our wishes.

8 hours ago, rmsEtruria said:

You can order that morning, but I wouldn't like to guarantee how long you'd have to wait for the order.

On our very recent QM2 crossing, we phoned in our breakfast order each morning once we were awake and ready for the world.  Delivery was 30 to 40 minutes.  But note that we order basic continental breakfast items like coffee, juice, yogurt and fruit.  Occasional cereal or pastry.

19 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

You can order that morning, but I wouldn't like to guarantee how long you'd have to wait for the order.

We wouldn’t be in a rush; it’s more that I’m reluctant to commit to a specific time for breakfast the night before. (DW is an early riser, but I . . . .) 

13 minutes ago, tv24 said:

On our very recent QM2 crossing, we phoned in our breakfast order each morning once we were awake and ready for the world.  Delivery was 30 to 40 minutes.  But note that we order basic continental breakfast items like coffee, juice, yogurt and fruit.  Occasional cereal or pastry.

30 to 40 minutes would be fine—time to get somewhat presentable after waking up.  Eggs might take longer, but I cannot imagine that they would overtax the kitchen.  In any case, given the abundance of food options to explore, we may well decide to go continental for breakfast, and focus on lunch instead.

• 4 weeks later...

on a recent QE, some of the items delivered for breakfast room service were not the same as what was served in the restuarant.  For example, the room service grapefruit juice was the mucus colored presumably from concentrate as compared to the fresh squeezed dark pink served in the restaurant.  Also, we were told that certain items were not available for room service as the ship was starting to run out, but there was still some availability at the Restaurant so the distinction of serving a grills guest for room service was not made in the room service kitchen.  

But a few things we starting doing is preording room service from the Grills menu when our excursion is schedule to arrive around the time the restaurant closes, and when dinner service runs long to have dessert and coffee delivered to the room, or to the grills lounge if you have plans to meet other guests there.

3 hours ago, Skyhigh said:

on a recent QE, some of the items delivered for breakfast room service were not the same as what was served in the restuarant.  For example, the room service grapefruit juice was the mucus colored presumably from concentrate as compared to the fresh squeezed dark pink served in the restaurant.  Also, we were told that certain items were not available for room service as the ship was starting to run out, but there was still some availability at the Restaurant so the distinction of serving a grills guest for room service was not made in the room service kitchen.  

But a few things we starting doing is preording room service from the Grills menu when our excursion is schedule to arrive around the time the restaurant closes, and when dinner service runs long to have dessert and coffee delivered to the room, or to the grills lounge if you have plans to meet other guests there.

Hmm . . . Seems I still don’t entirely understand the mechanics of this. Assuming we’re in QG and want to pre-order breakfast, we would do so in the restaurant at dinner the night before? And how does the butler figure into this, if at all? 

17 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

Hmm . . . Seems I still don’t entirely understand the mechanics of this. Assuming we’re in QG and want to pre-order breakfast, we would do so in the restaurant at dinner the night before? And how does the butler figure into this, if at all? 

You fill in the breakfast care and hang it on the door before retiring of an evening.

Anything not on the menu, such as brown sauce for my bacon, I add to the card. Not tried anything else off menu so if you want anything such as Eggs Benedict, it might be prudent to pre order the night before.

The Butler will come in the morning within your preferred time, lay the table cloth and silverware and leave the food for you.

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

You fill in the breakfast card and hang it on the door before retiring of an evening.

Anything not on the menu, such as brown sauce for my bacon, I add to the card. Not tried anything else off menu so if you want anything such as Eggs Benedict, it might be prudent to pre order the night before.

The Butler will come in the morning within your preferred time, lay the table cloth and silverware and leave the food for you.

If in doubt about anything, ask the Butler. He/She will be a fount of information.