Specialty Dinning Credit ?

miagirl

I'm traveling solo with the Premier Package, so 2 specialty dinner meals.  My paperwork shows this at $92.40.  Do I have to "spend" this at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's or can I have it applied to the Chef's Table? Or perhaps towards paying for lobster or a filet in the main dining room?  or Balcony Dining, or the Gastro Pub? Or is this a use it at the specialty restaurants or lose it situation. 

Just curious as to my options.

thanks in advance! 

34 minutes ago, miagirl said:

I'm traveling solo with the Premier Package, so 2 specialty dinner meals.  My paperwork shows this at $92.40.  Do I have to "spend" this at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's or can I have it applied to the Chef's Table? Or perhaps towards paying for lobster or a filet in the main dining room?  or Balcony Dining, or the Gastro Pub? Or is this a use it at the specialty restaurants or lose it situation. 

Just curious as to my options.

thanks in advance! 

Chef’s table and balcony dining are not considered specialty.dining and the chefs table is easily 3 times the price for other tests. You may be able to use it at the Salty Dog but that is a much less expensive venue not a good use of credits in my opinion

• Like 2

Chef's Table, Balcony Dining are listed under Specialty Dining in my Personalizer for this trip, which is why I thought to ask if anyone on the board knew or had applied the credit to one of these.

as @Lady Arwen says,  I'll just ask on board.

image.png.69acbbb049e8f3af47b32b8f19447bf1.png

3 hours ago, miagirl said:

Chef's Table, Balcony Dining are listed under Specialty Dining in my Personalizer for this trip, which is why I thought to ask if anyone on the board knew or had applied the credit to one of these.

as @Lady Arwen says,  I'll just ask on board.

image.png.69acbbb049e8f3af47b32b8f19447bf1.png

Since Crown costs $39 and Sabatini’s is $35. And Chefs Table runs from &100 to $135 depending on ship and wine or no wine I would be very surprised I if the would let you substitute 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Since Crown costs $39 and Sabatini’s is $35. And Chefs Table runs from &100 to $135 depending on ship and wine or no wine I would be very surprised I if the would let you substitute 

I meant apply towards whatever specialty dining caught my interest. 

On 5/22/2023 at 10:03 PM, miagirl said:

I meant apply towards whatever specialty dining caught my interest. 

I understood what you meant but asked if I could apply the $39 to the Winemaker's Dinner back when it was $40, said I would pay the overage but they wouldn't allow it.  

I do think they will let you order your food from the room service menu on the app to your cabin, though.  While it won't be special like the balcony dining or the Crown Grill, it's a way to use up your perk without having to just let it go to waste.  

31 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Also curious about this. I’ll be solo in my cabin and was hoping to use one of the credits on a friend in a different cabin. Looking online, the rules say it can be used for others in the same cabin.

You can use your dining credits for anybody you choose.  They don't have to be in the same cabin.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

You can use your dining credits for anybody you choose.  They don't have to be in the same cabin.  

Thanks! I ended up getting the premier package and was able to book for both of us, seemingly using the credit. 

hopefully there aren’t any billing issues later. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 5:44 PM, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Thanks! I ended up getting the premier package and was able to book for both of us, seemingly using the credit. 

hopefully there aren’t any billing issues later. 

You just have to note when you go in that the dining is included with your package so you won’t be inadvertently charged.  
We found that it is easier to address it proactively. A couple of times, we forgot to tell them it had already been charged and we got double billed.  Easy enough to fix but now we always try to remember to just let them know when before they seat us.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

You just have to note when you go in that the dining is included with your package so you won’t be inadvertently charged.  
We found that it is easier to address it proactively. A couple of times, we forgot to tell them it had already been charged and we got double billed.  Easy enough to fix but now we always try to remember to just let them know when before they seat us.  

Thank you for the tip! I would have thought that booking it through the app would have been enough since it shows the charge to your credit card. In my case, it was 0 since I had the dining credits. But when I tried to make another reservation, it did show as $39.99. From other posts I’ve seen all over FB, people mentioned their credit cards were charged well before the cruise. 

I will mention it to them though! Always better to be proactive. 

• Like 1