Upgrade Classic to Premium Beverage Package

Diane Rose

3 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

Just noticed on our cruise the Upgrade for classic to premium has been discounted 5%.  We are Elite Plus.  Do I get a better price if I call Captain's Club?  

Diane

We're also Elite Plus and get a 10% discount on the upgrade.  This needs to be done with a phone call rather than online.  If you rep can't do it, call Captain's Club.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FeelingCruisy said:

You serious?

Yes. I did this for the cruise I'm leaving on in a couple of weeks. I received the current cruise planner discount in addition to my captain's club discount. I did have to call in though.

Makes sense that they do this, otherwise it would eliminate this benefit for the captain's club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisinfly said:

If you call, you should be able to get your Captain's Club discount on top of the current cruise planner discount.

I just read in another post that they were denied - only one discount type allowed, no stacking. I think you got lucky.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BazingAu said:

I just read in another post that they were denied - only one discount type allowed, no stacking. I think you got lucky.

I wonder if it depends on who you get on the line. The Celebrity phone rep I was working with had to put me on hold for a few minutes, twice, to check on things. In the end, they did stack the discounts.

It's disappointing to hear that it may not work for everyone. Eliminates another Captain's Club benefit if this is the case.

Note I've been given inaccurate information by Cruise line phone reps on multiple occasions. I've even hung up, called again, and been given different answers by a different rep. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Booked a 6 nt all included cruise yesterday. I called today to upgrade the drink pkg and was told $15/day with 15% discount for loyalty status. Since cruise was in a group all included hadn't been added in yet. TA did that and I called back. 

Agent I got this time said: 

1. $20 day plus 20% gratuity 

2. 15% discount

3. and the kicker - will be charged for 7 days (cruise is 6 nights) 

I asked to speak to a Supervisor - agent put me on hold and spoke to Supervisor  and relayed that yes it was $20/day and 20% gratuity. No mention of 7 days until I asked what Supervisor said about that - then agent said "in this case it's 6 as the cruise is 6 nights". 

Vent over and I'll call back again.......... 

Has anyone been successful in upgrading just one of you? I was able to do this twice this year, but tried today and was told no. Just wondering if it worth it to keep trying? There are 3 of us traveling, so it would be pricey to upgrade all 3 and 2 won’t really benefit. 

10 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Has anyone been successful in upgrading just one of you? I was able to do this twice this year, but tried today and was told no. Just wondering if it worth it to keep trying? There are 3 of us traveling, so it would be pricey to upgrade all 3 and 2 won’t really benefit. 

Are all three age 21+?  The new policy about everyone needed to upgrade is new this year. The exceptions are underage or documented reasons i.e. pregnancy, recovering alcoholic etc. 

2 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Are all three age 21+?  The new policy about everyone needed to upgrade is new this year. The exceptions are underage or documented reasons i.e. pregnancy, recovering alcoholic etc. 

All 3 are over 21, in February I was able to upgrade just 1 for an April cruise.