Pan Pacific Hotel, Vancouver

jbcallender

We were on the May 3, 2023 sailing.  We were given instructions to call the Bellmen between the hours of (I think) 8am-noon to have our luggage picked up.  The instructions made it quite clear that this service was a 'gratuity supported service.'  I think we tipped them $20 for the two bags.

This is great news!  Not hauling bags around that morning is well worth a good tip.  We are coming in to Vancouver on the Rocky Mountaineer train, so the hotel booking is through them and not the cruise line..

• Like 1

We have a pre-cruise stay at the PP. I have not even entertained the idea of the baggage assistance.

Lift down to the terminal,  100 yards walk to bag drop ....... done.

Probably a shorter walk than arrivals at YVR!

Check out is quite late and the PP have intimated they will store the luggage for an hour or so if needed.

19 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Here is the actual card from the Pan Pacific front desk (5/23)

PXL_20230525_001614315.jpg

Well they sure fooled me into buying the Cruise Package. I’ll be there in a week so I still have time to cancel and rebook! Thanks for the heads up!!!

We have stayed there several times and used the hotel porter service to deal with our two cases. Although we have yet to see the card about "gratuity based service" we wouldn't  think about requesting such excellent service and not giving a good tip.

We almost always stay on the Club floors. Taking the cruise package would be a waste of money because of the generous breakfast in the Club Lounge.

If you wish to handle your own luggage, it is not quite as simple as taking a lift down to the terminal. The lifts from the rooms go only to the street-level lobby. Another lift will take you down to the terminal. It's not too difficult, though, but nothing beats having your luggage collected in the hotel room and not having to deal with it it until you unpack it in your ship's cabin.  

The Fairmont Waterfont across the street also offers the delivery to ship service. Although the Pan Pacific is our favourite, last year there was a huge difference in the rates so we "cheated" on the PP that time. For our cruise next month we found the PP to be about half the cost of the Fairmont for the equivalent, so there is no consistency.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

We have stayed there several times and used the hotel porter service to deal with our two cases. Although we have yet to see the card about "gratuity based service" we wouldn't  think about requesting such excellent service and not giving a good tip.

We almost always stay on the Club floors. Taking the cruise package would be a waste of money because of the generous breakfast in the Club Lounge.

If you wish to handle your own luggage, it is not quite as simple as taking a lift down to the terminal. The lifts from the rooms go only to the street-level lobby. Another lift will take you down to the terminal. It's not too difficult, though, but nothing beats having your luggage collected in the hotel room and not having to deal with it it until you unpack it in your ship's cabin.  

The Fairmont Waterfont across the street also offers the delivery to ship service. Although the Pan Pacific is our favourite, last year there was a huge difference in the rates so we "cheated" on the PP that time. For our cruise next month we found the PP to be about half the cost of the Fairmont for the equivalent, so there is no consistency.  

I called the Pan Pacific and verified that we don’t have to have the Cruise Package to have our luggage transferred then I switched my reservation to the Savour Summer rate with the Pacific Club Deluxe room. The person I spoke with was even kind enough to give me a lower rate than I would have been able to get on their app.

Now we have a $50CAD food and beverage credit, on top of the breakfast we get in the Club Lounge and saved about $85 USD.  A total win-win for us!

• Thanks 1

Last year, the bellman advised checking only those bags without fragile stuff inside.  I carried my camera bag through security and onto the ship where my big bag was waiting in my room.

Nice service from a great hotel.

Can a seasoned traveller tell me about how much to tip / gratuity per bag for Bellman to take bags to cruise terminal?

Any TIP tips appreciated. I'm planning 2$ can. per bag when arriving. 15$can for consierge/desk.