50% Off Beverage Packages

RichYak

Our friends have the Classic drink package from the AI for our January cruise and want to upgrade to the Premium package. Today Captain's Club quoted $18.99 per person per day plus taxes and gratuities. They are Select, very close to Elite but not Elite yet. Does Celebrity sometimes have sales on the upgrade prices to go from Classic to Premium? If so, what would be a typical upgrade price, per person/per day? I should know this, but since we are Zenith members, we get the Premium package so don't have to worry about upgrades. 

Took both these screenshots during the 'sale'. I regularly check the prices, as we rely heavily on the exchange rate from USD to AUD. I know the AUD isn't strong, but I'm sure nobody is paying $230 per person, per day, for the classic package 🤣🤣. What a rort of a sale.

Screenshot_20230525-090118_Celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20230527-080823_Celebrity.jpg

25 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

It now says extended...

Two possible reasons:

1. Unusually high demand--like the self declared "unusually high call volume" that we are greeted with every time we call Celebrity.

2. IT could not figure out how to turn off the sale (and restore the original lower base pricing back into the system).

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Two possible reasons:

1. Unusually high demand--like the self declared "unusually high call volume" that we are greeted with every time we call Celebrity.

2. IT could not figure out how to turn off the sale (and restore the original lower base pricing back into the system).

3. They were always going to extend it and wanted to create a (false) sense of urgency to get people to buy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I ended up upgrading to AI as it as cheaper in the end with my tips being included and I will use the OBC from celebrity to upgrade to premium onboard! Not impressed with customer service though. Was promised calls back by 2 separate people and got a call back from 1 days later who said I couldn’t get the premium package cause I already had classic… except I only did that AFTER no one called me back lol. Wasn’t smart enough to see that was added after my complaint phone call 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

So I examined my email receipt and it shows me receiving the Elite Plus discount (35%) when I should have only gotten the Elite discount (30%).  We are currently Elite but will be Elite Plus by the time we do this Panama Canal cruise next April, but I don't think that is how the applied discount works.

However just like all the previous times I have ever called to get the combined Captains Club and pre-cruise discounts, my calculation for the cost never (or rarely) matches up with what I am actually charged.

In this example, 2 packages (base price of $19.99/night/package) for a 14 night cruise with the 35% CC discount (and 14% pre-cruise discount), I come up with $312.88 vs the actual charge of $307.72.

This kind of stuff drives me crazy.  Anyone good at math that wants to explain this discrepancy to me?

image.png.bcbdd928c5b981fe6403498753591fbb.png

image.png.59fc96dca544b270c0ef7f5494cda70c.png

Edited by mahdnc

4 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I thought elite was only 15% discount ?

For Wi-Fi package or upgrade discounts it is:

Classic: 10%

Select: 25%

Elite: 30%

Elite+: 35%

Zenith: complimentary premium wi-fi

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

So I examined my email receipt and it shows me receiving the Elite Plus discount (35%) when I should have only gotten the Elite discount (30%).  We are currently Elite but will be Elite Plus by the time we do this Panama Canal cruise next April, but I don't think that is how the applied discount works.

However just like all the previous times I have ever called to get the combined Captains Club and pre-cruise discounts, my calculation for the cost never (or rarely) matches up with what I am actually charged.

In this example, 2 packages (base price of $19.99/night/package) for a 14 night cruise with the 35% CC discount (and 14% pre-cruise discount), I come up with $312.88 vs the actual charge of $307.72.

This kind of stuff drives me crazy.  Anyone good at math that wants to explain this discrepancy to me?

image.png.bcbdd928c5b981fe6403498753591fbb.png

image.png.59fc96dca544b270c0ef7f5494cda70c.png

But aren't you actually buying 1 package with 2 devices?  Not 2 packages 1 device each?  There is a difference in price depending on which way that is done.

2 hours ago, miguelmia said:

3. They were always going to extend it and wanted to create a (false) sense of urgency to get people to buy.

Back in the early 90’s I worked part-time in an airline call center. The one thing that stuck with me throughout the training course (and still today) was the instructor drilling into us to “create a sense of urgency” with the caller. 

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Aah - but this thread was about drinks 😂 

You are right.  It is titled that way, but it really is about the Memorial Day Flash Sale which is drinks and more.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

It looks like all of the erroneous pricing has been fixed.  Drink packages are back to normal with discount.  All of my excursion pricing also looks normal with the discount.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

It looks like all of the erroneous pricing has been fixed.  Drink packages are back to normal with discount.  All of my excursion pricing also looks normal with the discount.

Like minds... 🙂

25 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Premium wi-fi is now cheaper than basic.

Thanks for pointing that out. The Premium Wi-Fi for one of my sailings has dropped from $20.99/day (40% flash discount) to now $15.99 (40% flash discount).  Celebrity is screwing up the undiscounted base price.  As you pointed out, the premium wi-fi sale price is now cheaper than basic. 

I ended up cancelling my Basic Wi-Fi + Premium Upgrade Voucher and bought the Premium Wi-Fi instead.  I saved another $56 because of their mistake.

This error did not occur with the other sailing that has the Flash Sale going on.

image.jpeg.cb8bb913af716d33147f1cc4b1c3f824.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1