Transfer Booking

topspot

Thanks for the quick answer! My TA is on a cruise (the nerve), and I didn't want to loose the 25.00 deposit for the anniversary sale that the website says "ends May 6, 2023, so I booked myself.  

Yes you can transfer to TA within 30 days of when you booked it. Your TA can complete the form and send it to you to sign and submit or you can fill it out yourself. They can't submit it for you and it has to be signed by you before submitting; HAL will not accept electronic signature.

If I was responding via computer (rather than phone) I'd send you the form. Let me know if you want the form and I'll send it when I'm on my computer.

• Like 1

@Haljo1935 please recheck your info regarding transfer of bookings.  This is the email I received from HAL for my last cruise in fall 2022:

"Dear XXXX,

Please complete, print, sign, and return the form by the fax or email listed.

Please allow up to 10 to 12 business days for the transfer to be completed once form is sent back.

We must have an electronic or physical signature on the form.

Transfers must be requested within 60 days of creating a booking and cannot be paid in full.

Please contact us with any questions.

Kind Regards,

TODD WORTHINGTON
World Cruise Reservations
Phone 800.522.3399"

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@oakridger I appreciate the info. I had 2 assignment returned by HAL last year because they has electronic signatures rather than "live" signatures. That caused me to find a way to print them so I could sign, then return them. Then HAL denied them because they were received late and I sent them the original email showing when I had initially submitted them. In that email exchange it was said the transfer had to be made within 30 days of booking. Yes, definitely before final payment. 

As with some other experiences, published policy may differ from experience (shouldn't happen but does), but I would defer to published policy. 

I am definitely a fan of being able to use electronic signatures. Hope it all works out.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all of your help.  My TA will be back this weekend.  She'll send me the form I'll sign then it will be sent to HAL.  I knew this was possible with Princess, but I wasn't sure about HAL and couldn't find the answer.

At times the TA is at fault  .On a transfer  the TA needs to e-mail the transfer form . I am presently involved with that situation . Additionally   ,I ask that the TA  quote in writing & that the price is refundable  .Very important to get it in writing 

16 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

At times the TA is at fault  .On a transfer  the TA needs to e-mail the transfer form . I am presently involved with that situation . Additionally   ,I ask that the TA  quote in writing & that the price is refundable  .Very important to get it in writing 

I've done this twice recently with 2 different TAs. Both gave me the form, which can be found online, but required that I fill it out and send it to HAL.  Very important are the agency name, agent and the agency's phone number.  A couple weeks ago mine was denied as sent in because I had the phone number of the agent and not the agency which was what was on file with Holland.  It was a simple correction.

29 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I've done this twice recently with 2 different TAs. Both gave me the form, which can be found online, but required that I fill it out and send it to HAL.  Very important are the agency name, agent and the agency's phone number.  A couple weeks ago mine was denied as sent in because I had the phone number of the agent and not the agency which was what was on file with Holland.  It was a simple correction.

Aligned with this - my TA called that out to me about the phone number.

But @mcrcruiser my experience is the paasenger needs to submit it, not the TA. Mine has me copy him or forward the email where I submitted it; that way they can follow-up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone tell me how to find the transfer form?  And is it confirmed that one has 60 days (not 30) to transfer a HAL booking to a travel agent.  Booked online with HAL during the anniversary sale for a $1pp deposit. It is past 30 days for me.  60 days will be on the 19th June.

8 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Could someone tell me how to find the transfer form?  And is it confirmed that one has 60 days (not 30) to transfer a HAL booking to a travel agent.  Booked online with HAL during the anniversary sale for a $1pp deposit. It is past 30 days for me.  60 days will be on the 19th June.

You are OK then.  Note that the form outlines who must sign and that it must be done within 60 days of booking.  

~Nancy

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that the transfer form states that "I understand current value-added promotions may not be applicable under the new Travel Agency." Can anyone provide additional details? I've a booking through HAL that includes the Have It All promo, but I'd hate to lose it if I transfer the booking to my usual TA.