Silhouette Aquaclass

Minnie29

Currently booked into a veranda cabin but considering upgrade to Aquaclass. 
Do you think it’s worth it?

The only issue that really concerns me is that as it’s a guarantee cabin we could end up in a very forward cabin. 
Has anyone had issues with motion in a forward Aquaclass cabin? The cruise is from Southampton to the Baltics. 
Are the advantages with Aquaclass worth the higher price? 
Thank you

We sailed in a towards-the-aft AQ cabin on Deck 11 on the recent Silhouette TA from Miami to Southampton. I am really prone to seasickness and didn't find it awful. I took half a meclizine a couple of nights. 

As to value ... you'll have to determine if it's worth the extra money to you. In the past we have always selected AQ for Blu. We rarely or never use the Persian Garden. 

Are you interested in all the perks Aqua has to offer?  Have you been wanting to try it?  Do you want to lie around in heated lounge chairs and eat in the private dining room?  Then I would say yes, might as well go for it (without knowing how much extra  you'd have to pay, of course). 

If you like where your current cabin is located and none of what AQ offers interests you, then I would say no.

Also, you could end up in a very good location, or you may be very far forward.  I'm not usually prone to seasickness, but there are some evening when the ship is rocking so much I can't deal with an hour in theatre, so I, personally myself, wouldn't risk getting a forward cabin.  But that's just me.

That is my concern getting a forward cabin. 
I would love the restaurant Blu and the Persian garden but cabin location is important to me. 
we are currently booked in a veranda cabin on slant of the hump. We have stayed in one of these before and love the large balcony and mid ship’s location 

For many the biggest benefit to Aqua is dining in Blu.  Many of us love Blu however there are also those that find the menu's not to their liking.  Have you taken a look at the Blu menus in the app.

We have been in Aqua many times but never in a forward cabin so I cant help with is or isn't there movement, however some of the forward Aqua cabins are underneath the fitness center and repdorts are the the pounding of people on the treadmills is bothersome.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:35 AM, Minnie29 said:

Currently booked into a veranda cabin but considering upgrade to Aquaclass. 
Do you think it’s worth it?

The only issue that really concerns me is that as it’s a guarantee cabin we could end up in a very forward cabin. 
Has anyone had issues with motion in a forward Aquaclass cabin? The cruise is from Southampton to the Baltics. 
Are the advantages with Aquaclass worth the higher price? 
Thank you

We were somewhat forward on the Silhouette in AQ last year and there were no issues. The door to the relaxation area was at the end of the hall making access to the spa pretty convenient as well. As for price, I would ask this...what is the cost difference between AQ and a Veranda with the All Included package. That difference is the AQ upcharge and It ranges from $100-$1000 on certain cruises. For me, my opinion only, if the price is within $300 for a cruise, I will book AQ to have the spa access, BLU and the extra points.

Edited by neverlaysup