Flying from Venice (Marco Polo) airport back to US, carry-ons only. Need to go to check-in desk?

CruiseMelissa

Flying from Venice to the US via Paris on Air France.  We'll have carry on luggage only.  If we check in on the app, can we bypass the check-in counter and go right to security like we would for a domestic flight in the US?  I'm trying to gauge how early we need to get to the airport. We've taken many international adventures but never had the luck of only carry-ons so this is new to us,

Your flight is considered domestic, so ignore the sign for PASSENGERS WITH DIRECT FLIGHTS TO USA.   If you have no luggage to check and have a boarding pass, you can go directly upstairs to SECURITY.

What time is your flight?  I've flown out of VCE several times (always domestic, never w/checked luggage) and it's usually chaos.  Even their website says to arrive 3 hrs prior.  I've been ok with 2 1/2 hrs tho.  Having said that, in Oct I had a 6:20am flight to London on a Monday morning .... I was thru security and at the gate within 45 minutes. So perhaps the time of day and day of the week make  a difference. Afternoons are probably bogged down by busloads of cruise pax.

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Your flight is considered domestic, so ignore the sign for PASSENGERS WITH DIRECT FLIGHTS TO USA.   If you have no luggage to check and have a boarding pass, you can go directly upstairs to SECURITY.

What time is your flight?  I've flown out of VCE several times (always domestic, never w/checked luggage) and it's usually chaos.  Even their website says to arrive 3 hrs prior.  I've been ok with 2 1/2 hrs tho.  Having said that, in Oct I had a 6:20am flight to London on a Monday morning .... I was thru security and at the gate within 45 minutes. So perhaps the time of day and day of the week make  a difference. Afternoons are probably bogged down by busloads of cruise pax.

12:35 on a Sunday, in the summer so most likely one of the worst times to be there, lol.  Do you still think 3 hours to just get through security?  That's a good piece of info to have....