BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2023

18 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Coral Princess docked in New York, USA today:

Yep,

Light drizzle as we entered the harbour, but that soon cleared into a nice day.

Best immigration ever…..7:40am, no queue to leave the ship, no queue at immigration, 1 minute at the booth……very impressed.

’er indoors and a friend were booked to see a matinee show (Michael Jackson musical) so we walked up to Central Park and back down 7th Ave.

Lunch next to the theatre, and while the show was on I wandered down to around Penn Station area.

Back to meet the girls at the bar next to the theatre for a couple of drinks.

They were buzzing about the show….one of the best they’d see.

A far easier day today.

Walked to the highline, and strolled on that down to Chelsea Market.

Lunch there then wandered back to the ship.

A good, but tiring 2 days and the weather stayed nice.

4 sea days to get to the canal.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Yep,

Light drizzle as we entered the harbour, but that soon cleared into a nice day.

Best immigration ever…..7:40am, no queue to leave the ship, no queue at immigration, 1 minute at the booth……very impressed.

There might not have been a queue for Immigration at 7.40, but there was a long one by 8.40 - more than an hour's wait.

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

There might not have been a queue for Immigration at 7.40, but there was a long one by 8.40 - more than an hour's wait.

Ahh…..

For those reading this for future trips, I think it helps for those with independent arrangements to exit before the tours meet.

I also heard from others that the time people were allowed to reboard was about 90 minutes earlier than originally planned.

Hope you had a good trip home.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Ahh…..

For those reading this for future trips, I think it helps for those with independent arrangements to exit before the tours meet.

I also heard from others that the time people were allowed to reboard was about 90 minutes earlier than originally planned.

Is there much of a turnover of passengers in New York? 

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Is there much of a turnover of passengers in New York? 

Overheard an officer say 120 off and 111 on so basically equal. 

However, seems we will be increasing the numbers of US passengers, which makes sense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Ahh…..

The hold-up at Immigration got really serious when the tour groups were added into the mix.

My flight home was excellent, thank you. I was on the new QANTAS route from New York direct to Auckland, then on to Brisbane.

• Like 2

Well the Coral docking in Manhattan certainly excited a few New Yorkers who cruise Princess.

They were asking on a few of the Youtube  cruise channels if Princess were now going to use this dock and not the Red Hook one for the New England cruises. They didn't know why a princess ship moored there.

I will be interested to see where the Crown docks on her WC in 2025. I would think that Princess would try to use the more central wharf of Manhattan.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Well the Coral docking in Manhattan certainly excited a few New Yorkers who cruise Princess.

They were asking on a few of the Youtube  cruise channels if Princess were now going to use this dock and not the Red Hook one for the New England cruises. They didn't know why a princess ship moored there.

I will be interested to see where the Crown docks on her WC in 2025. I would think that Princess would try to use the more central wharf of Manhattan.

There was mention that the intended wharf for 2025 WC is Manhattan. The roll call thread is long, and I am not sure where I read it, but was happy when I did see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

I'm not positive but I think the aussie WC's always dock at the Manhattan dock, it certainly did for the 2014 and 2018 Wc's and I believe it did for the 2017, and now the 2023.

I haven't heard anybody mention docking on a WC at the Brooklyn docks, although Princess does mention it as a possibility in their dock info.

It definitely would not be as convenient as the Manhattan docks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I'm not positive but I think the aussie WC's always dock at the Manhattan dock, it certainly did for the 2014 and 2018 Wc's and I believe it did for the 2017, and now the 2023.

I haven't heard anybody mention docking on a WC at the Brooklyn docks, although Princess does mention it as a possibility in their dock info.

It definitely would not be as convenient as the Manhattan docks.

As far as I remember, since I started stalking the World Cruises, they have all docked at the Manhattan docks.

• Like 1

After leaving New York, USA on Thursday the Coral Princess now has 4 days at sea before she arrives at the start of the Panama Canal on Tuesday (22nd Aug 2023).

coralprincess19082023.jpg

Current position of Coral Princess:

Under way from New York (NY) to Panama Canal (Passage/Cruise)

Departure was 1 d 14 hrs 19 min ago. (at 17:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 2 d 23 hrs 41 min. (at 06:00 h local time)

Traveled distance since New York (NY): 907.26 nm (1,680.25 km)

Remaining distance to Panama Canal (Passage/Cruise): 1,703.97 nm (3,155.75 km)

Traveled distance since Dover: 6,510.02 nm (12,056.55 km)

Course: 148°

I will be interested to hear if they are going to have any delays going thought the Panama Canal, as the Panama Canal has been hit by a drought!

https://gcaptain.com/panama-canal-extends-transit-restrictions-caused-by-drought/

Good Morning,

Tonight (Australia / New Zealand time) the Coral Princess is due to do her Panama Canal   :D

If you want to watch her do her transit you can watch them here: https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/

I will hopefully be posting webcam captures thought the transit!, so keep an eye on this thread tonight!

She is due to start her transit at about 9:00pm AUST (Sydney time).

It will be noon/lunch time here in the UK when she does her transit.

I will post another update on her location, latter today (in the morning UK time).

Good Night from the UK!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Any update on Panama day?

Indeed.

From tonight’s Patter.

Approximate timings.

All times local ( GMT minus 5 )

8:00am…..enter Gatun

10:20am…..clear Gatun

1:10pm…..passing Gamboa

2:30pm……enter Pedro Miguel