BOA Royal Caribbean Card-How does the points discount work?

I couldn't find anything on this so I am hoping someone here might be able to help. I had enough points on my card to get the $150 cruise discount. I did the stuff on the screen and submitted it for redemption but that was it. No voucher number or email or anything like that. My TA didn't know how it worked when I asked, they asked if there was a voucher number or a coupon...Does it just get sent straight to Royal to apply? They asked for my reservation number so that seems the most logical answer but I don't want to keep bugging my TA for a new invoice to see if it's been applied if thats not how it works. I was also thinking it could be redeemed as a statement credit too...

Also, does anyone know what the difference between individual and shared credit when redeeming the onboard credit and cruise discount? 

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It'll show up in you cruise planner.  Various reports indicate anywhere from a few days to a few weeks later.

Do you mean like an onboard credit? 

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

That's not true.

Great. Thanks for the info. 

We use the RCCL Visa for all of our cruises to apply the OBC. It's very easy to do and, whatever amount you choose not to use while on your cruise, the remainder goes back as credit to your CC. Win win! Sweet! There may or may not be better CC deals out there but we prefer to use our Visa! Happy cruising! Cheers!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tangibelle said:

Also, does anyone know what the difference between individual and shared credit when redeeming the onboard credit and cruise discount? 

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

If it's an individual credit, the credit only applies to purchases that YOU make. If it is a shared credit, all charges made to your cabin will use the credit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If it's an individual credit, the credit only applies to purchases that YOU make. If it is a shared credit, all charges made to your cabin will use the credit.

Ok, cool! Thanks Cruiseguy! 

Just in case any other "new to BOA RCI Card Rewards" people come across this post, turns out because my cruise was paid in full already, they sent the $150 discount right to my bank account. I would have been happy with OBC but I'm pretty ok with cash too. lol 

Yeah, I realize that now. Looks like the discount and the OBC are two separate categories. I had just thought that since we had paid in full, it would land as an OBC on my planner rather than a "refund" to my bank account". Either way, it's a bonus so its all good.