H when should I expect my air information?

gailellen12

30 days pretty much is when you will see the air information but there is no hard rule other than by 30 days.  I have to report foreign travel 30 days before so I had contacted them and I had mine 32 days before which I am sure was just me being notified a little sooner.  

57 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

My sailing date is August 6th.  Is this information posted on your basic information page?  Thanks in advance. I am new to NCL. Previously only sailed Holland 

Your flight into will come via email so be sure to watch out for it. As Fred says, it's typically around 30 days now.

We had to call the Air department directly to get ours. We are at around 50 days out and they have our reservations just have not emailed them out or posted to our account yet. 

I'm sailing August 13th which is 79 days away.  (yeah, not counting...lol) Some people on my sailing have already received flight information.  Alas, I am not one of them.  Last time I used NCL air for last November I received my flight information at about 45 days.  As most have said, you should receive and email.  Do keep an eye on your spam folder as sometimes their emails will end up there. 

If possible, cancel the air portion of your reservation with NCL for a full refund of that portion of the reservation, and book direct with the airline. Even it the cost is 25% to 50% more, do it.

Look online, and you'll find hundreds of issues regarding the NCL Air Department. They are a total train wreck.

3 hours ago, WickedRed said:

I'm sailing August 13th which is 79 days away.  (yeah, not counting...lol) Some people on my sailing have already received flight information.  Alas, I am not one of them.  Last time I used NCL air for last November I received my flight information at about 45 days.  As most have said, you should receive and email.  Do keep an eye on your spam folder as sometimes their emails will end up there. 

I am sailing August 6th, and just yesterday read on our roll call a fellow passenger getting their air, so I too am getting hopeful it will be soon.

And BTW, the poster of that said he was very HAPPY with the air provided.

• Like 1

We sail late July and got our info this week. I am pleasantly surprised, non-stop both ways on Alaska Air. Have already gone into their website and changed seats on flights out.

2 hours ago, steve49589 said:

If possible, cancel the air portion of your reservation with NCL for a full refund of that portion of the reservation, and book direct with the airline. Even it the cost is 25% to 50% more, do it.

Look online, and you'll find hundreds of issues regarding the NCL Air Department. They are a total train wreck.

This has to be the most irresponsible post I have ever read. You do not know if this person has booked the BOGO promo (and understands it) or if they are using the NCL custom air. Also, any idea where they are flying to/from? Let’s say, for example, they are departing from Charlotte to Athens, which does not have that much air capacity compared to say London or even Rome. 

Easy to make silly comments when it is not your money.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I am sailing August 6th, and just yesterday read on our roll call a fellow passenger getting their air, so I too am getting hopeful it will be soon.

And BTW, the poster of that said he was very HAPPY with the air provided.

Well, the day after I posted that, and my air came.

Some bad, some good. Going to Heathrow not direct, but by way of Montreal is not good. Going home direct on Iceland Airlines (which we have flown on before and liked) is good, though we would rather have had an earlier flight time than 5 PM for returning.

For our July 1st cruise: 2 cabins got their air at 56 days, the rest got ours at 32 days.

All the schedules are terrible.  Multiple airlines, late (late late) departures and overnight flights to the east coast from Seattle.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:25 PM, steve49589 said:

On 5/26/2023 at 6:21 PM, cwtravel said:

Let’s say, for example, they are departing from Charlotte to Athens, which does not have that much air capacity compared to say London or even Rome. 

Charlotte to Athens is exactly the routing we're needing for our September 7th Jade cruise. I did a daily search of airfare for many months and prices were very high. I'd read the unhappy comments from folks whose assigned BOGO air was not that great, and reluctantly decided to go ahead and add it to our reservation because the BOGO price was $1450 for one (free for 2nd - so $725 each) compared to $1800+ per person for the decent flights I would have booked myself. I'm not crazy about having given up control of our flights (first time doing so), but we're hoping for the best and will make the best of whatever we're assigned. I would not have added the BOGO air to our reservation if the savings were minimal, but our savings will be significant. This may be our first and last time using the BOGO promo, we'll see how it goes, lol.    

I had a group on the May 14-21 Athens sailing on the Jade. Everyone (except my wife and I) used the BOGO, most from the DC area. There were no issues with any of the flights except for the flights I did that were not BOGO. The biggest issue is the very limited number of flights available for the return from Athens given the time to get off the ship, get to the airport and make the flight. Delta has one thru Atlanta and two thru JFK, United has one thru Newark and alsoWashington Dulles. Otherwise a limited few on Air Canada, BA and possibly Lufthansa.

I am not a NCL cheerleader and did not use the BOGO myself but, there are many that do not know or understand the terms and conditions and thus are not happy when say their friends are on different flights or they are routed thru Toronto to get to Charlotte. If you are flexible and do not need a specific airline or do not need premium or business class the BOGO is extremely cost friendly. 

Good luck and enjoy your cruise. I was pleasantly surprised with the Norwegian Jade and the onboard experience.

• Like 1

We did a cruise out of New Orleans in March, got our flight info 37 days before departure.  We have a cruise booked in August out of Sweden and go our flights 75 days before departure.  We had a day deviation before the cruise in both cases.

I am happy with the flights I got for both, and I they were the flights that I would have likely booked myself if I was paying directly.  

For Winnipeg to New Orleans I had two connections (Toronto and Atlanta) but that was about as good as could be done.  On our way back, we had only one connection (Toronto).  The layover times were 2 hours or less.

For our Sweden trip, we have two connections on the way again (Montreal and Copenhagen), and then one on the way back (Toronto (Our cruise finishes in Copenhagen).  Again, all the layovers are fairly minimal, but have enough time for me to feel comfortable with the flights.

• Thanks 1