Cancelled tour, received "will be receiving a newly issued Carnival gift card as a replacement", when & is it emailed?

The commonality with the people who never received their gift cards unless they called seems to be they used a travel agent to book the cruise.

Even though excursions are booked entirely independently of the travel agent, I guess Carnival's system isn't set up to deal with that.

A major issue in my view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The commonality with the people who never received their gift cards unless they called seems to be they used a travel agent to book the cruise.

i never book with a travel agent. during the covid era, i never received a gift card refund and the issue for me was my address not on file in one of the many systems carnival uses. once they added the address i got the gift card within a few days

i also noticed that once they updated the address in that system, my emails with my booking confirmation now has my address on it whereas before it had a unknow address 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Searched, could only find some pre-covid info where they sent it via fed-ex and it took around 90 days

I cancelled an excursion a few weeks ago and used a gift card to book it. In the past, I have received a hard gift card via FedEx about a week or two after the cancellation. This time I received a text message that said "You have a Carnival gift card" and a link. I thought it was spam. I called Carnival and indeed they did refund my $200 on a gift card with the link texted to me. I had to put my phone number in and it was a virtual gift card with the amount, gift card number (starts with 3063) and the pin number. there is also a bar code.

The original gift card I used was a hard plastic card.

Just now, tytanbri said:

I cancelled an excursion a few weeks ago and used a gift card to book it. In the past, I have received a hard gift card via FedEx about a week or two after the cancellation. This time I received a text message that said "You have a Carnival gift card" and a link. I thought it was spam. I called Carnival and indeed they did refund my $200 on a gift card with the link texted to me. I had to put my phone number in and it was a virtual gift card with the amount, gift card number (starts with 3063) and the pin number. there is also a bar code.

The original gift card I used was a hard plastic card.

Wow, thanks for sharing.  Which ship?  I wonder if that's fleet wide or only on the newer ships

In Jan I had accidentally purchased bar cash instead of cruise cash with a gift card  (e-card) about a week before my cruise.

I cancelled that as soon as I realized it, and received a plastic card in the mail in like 4 days.

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Searched, could only find some pre-covid info where they sent it via fed-ex and it took around 90 days

I had two airfare tickets though Fly2Fun paid for with 3 Carnival gift cards ($500, $500, $200). I cancelled the flights after I had made full payment for the cruise (before final payment date). They refunded me $1,192 on a new electronic gift card and I had it the next day.