Time for FCC to be applied to booking

Scots Caz

Having some FCC expiring at end of next month, I decided to make a late booking for Pursuit 30th May. Spent a couple of hours on hold on Wednesday before opting for the call back and getting called a few hours later from a very helpful agent.

Booking made but not able to apply FCC whilst on call (I was put on hold whilst they tried to sort) so had been sent marked urgent and booking held with nothing paid (there will be a balance due after FCC)

Still no update on FCC and online still shows full cruise amount due.

Booking has been held till Monday however ship sails Tuesday and I would fly out Monday (not even booked flight yet)

Not sure what other's experience of getting FCC applied and what suggestions you may have regarding next steps...currently listening to hold music. 'Contact us' shows they take calls on Saturdays but do the back office that deal with FCC work Saturdays?

My gut tells me that this needs to be sorted today if I am going to travel.

57 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

Having some FCC expiring at end of next month, I decided to make a late booking for Pursuit 30th May. Spent a couple of hours on hold on Wednesday before opting for the call back and getting called a few hours later from a very helpful agent.

Booking made but not able to apply FCC whilst on call (I was put on hold whilst they tried to sort) so had been sent marked urgent and booking held with nothing paid (there will be a balance due after FCC)

Booking has been held till Monday however ship sails Tuesday and I would fly out Monday (not even booked flight yet)

Not sure what other's experience of getting FCC applied and what suggestions you may have regarding next steps...currently listening to hold music. 'Contact us' shows they take calls on Saturdays but do the back office that deal with FCC work Saturdays?

We had this same issue with an FCC that was expiring June 1. We’re also sailing on the Pursuit May 30 so it worked out for us. However, it took our travel agent many hours and phone calls to Azamara to get it sorted out. The final resolution was that Azamara discovered an issue with applying “legacy” FCCs (from the old RC system) into the new one. I have no idea what the backend process was but it DID get sorted for us, hopefully you can get through to them and ask for a follow up on this. 

I called yesterday for a question about an add-on we have and the call went straight to an agent, no hold time!

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

I'm waiting to have one applied. It was a month ago and I've chased the email and am yet to receive a response. The agents in Wichita are very helpful and nice to speak with. Use of the FCC was taken up by Azamara in the UK I think. It will be sorted, but it's all just such a flippin effort!  Hope you get yours sorted. I think if I was you I'd still plan on going to the ship armed with all the documentation. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Got through to agent yesterday after 2 hours on hold....call took 1.5 hours and was placed on hold many times and in the end they could not help and advised to send an urgent email to UK customer services...which I have done and got the usual auto response can take 28 days for response.

I will give it till later today and if not resolved will get them to remove the hold....don't want to be told on Monday that they have sorted it when I will not be able to get to Barcelona in time...flight options are disappearing and non-stop option is 06:45am Monday or connecting flights (later Monday flight and Tues am flight now sold out)

Starting to think this is a lose lose situation...I lose my £1500 FCC (this was only option to use it before expiry) and they lose the additional I would have been paying on top. Not sure I want to add an extra few hundred adding on a potentially wasted trip to Barcelona (return flights and a hotel now showing just under £900)

Unfortunately I held off booking the last couple of months as thought things would settle down and there were others with more immediate requirements...then ended up with some hospital tests which turned out to be all ok and got the good to go early in the week.

Have had 10 fabulous Azamara trips in the last 18 months, I know everything would be wonderful onboard but this one sadly may not happen.

update - got a message yesterday lunchtime that it had been passed (again) to FCC team for the credit to be applied immediately...5+ hours later still nothing so called and canned the booking as nothing would be happening today and I had no confidence that Monday would bring anything different.

I spoke to three different agents over three days and each one was very helpful and tried their best to move this forward but was out of their remit to resolve. (must be very frustrating for them)

This FCC was the residual of a larger amount, had no issues using the initial part but guess the problem is around the changeover...email was sent to me from RCCL email address beginning February this year and the credit now appears to be 'lost' / can't be found in the system.

Last hope will be to see whether they will extend the expiry if/when they find it!

Caz,

Sure you will have your FCC extended.  
Sorry to see you missed out on the cruise though.  
Had the exact same situation last month.  Was trying for days to sort out a late booking then booking closed. This week had an agent apply the FCC I was given on the cruise when we met applied despite me giving her a different certificate number.  Now the booking is cancelled, the new hold has vanished, three FCCs vanished and the price increased significantly. Ten hours on the phone and no luck at all. 

Ray

Edited by RW75

Sorry to hear that this has happened to SC and others it seems.  Wholly unacceptable to be given the run around.  I shall keep a close eye on my FCC.  It's clear that (from the UK at least) systems are not in place to deal with them in a timely fashion.  I was told that extensions to them are no problem if they are referred to the management team.  Is this where it's falling over?

Phil

• 6 months later...

just returning to bring this thread to a close re missing FCC

After receiving confirmation that I could extend end date, I booked a trip on Quest for November 23 and again the FCC could not be located. Took all my paperwork onboard and dealt with onboard booking team (leaving them to deal with Miami) and managed to get all outstanding FCC applied to a new booking for March 24. All paid in full now...should not have been this hard!

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

just returning to bring this thread to a close re missing FCC

After receiving confirmation that I could extend end date, I booked a trip on Quest for November 23 and again the FCC could not be located. Took all my paperwork onboard and dealt with onboard booking team and managed to get all outstanding FCC applied to a new booking for March 24. All paid in full now...should not have been this hard!

That's great hear you got it sorted. Well done for having all the paperwork to hand. You are right. It shouldn't be this difficult. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3