Typical disembarkation time Barcelona

I am wondering what time I can expect to disembark with the Key. Also was there much of a delay clearing customs? I need to know what time to have a car pick us up at the port. Thanks 

No key, but last Sunday we walked off with our bags just after 6am, no queues anywhere, no customs/immigration (maybe because all ports within eu).

No queue for taxi. Was at airport at  0645.  So early BA put us on an earlier flight at 0745. Landed back in UK just after 9am (with hours difference)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joan&jen said:

I am wondering what time I can expect to disembark with the Key. Also was there much of a delay clearing customs? I need to know what time to have a car pick us up at the port. Thanks 

Where does the cruise start?

If it’s a closed loop, or it starts elsewhere in the European Union, there should be no passport control and it should be very quick.

If you’re embarking outside the EU (eg on a TA) there will be passport control and there may be a line.

• Like 1

Full UE countries loops like the ones on the Oasis class ships are considered domestic cruises, like if a cruise started and ended with only US ports on an US sailing. No passport or customs there. If you have a non EU port on your sailing then yes. Regularly Barcelona permits debarkation from 6AM or so, as far as the ships docks. No worries. It's usually a quick experience!...

Barcelona is one of the fastest ports to disembark we sail.  As stated, if all ports are EU there will not even be customs or immigration.

In our experience, it is nearly always faster to jump in the taxi queue than to find a pre  arranged car...and pricing is generally fairly close if you are going into teh city or to the airport.  For the 10 euro or so price difference, we prefer to not stress about the time and just grab a taxi.  This is the ONLY port for which we prfer to use taxis, because it is the only one where there are always lots of them and the queue moves super fast.  

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 6:36 PM, joan&jen said:

Why do you need a car? Cabs are cheap , metered and plentiful. Are you going a great distance?