Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I do have one problem. I forgot about the European plug thing and they don’t have any usb ports in the room. So I have no way to charge anything tonight. They do have them on the hoho bus but I only had usb-c in my pocket at the time. 

Front desk doesn't have one for "The Stupid Americans?"

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah as expected he was overly nice about it. Told me he would hold the suitcase for me all day if I wanted. And I could continue to use the hotel facilities like the rooftop lounge all day tomorrow if I want. 

Sometimes the front desk will have adapters you can borrow.  We were able to borrow one in Barcelona for our 2 night stay. 

edited: looks like I quoted the wrong post. This was about adapters to charge your devices. 

Edited by pcrum
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I guess we should get to dinner.

IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2685.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2688.jpeg

For me, there is just one choice in Barcelona: seafood paella and manchego cheese. It’s a steal in Spain, but very pricey in USA. And Rioja wine! 

• Like 4

Enjoying the review. Barcelona looks fabulous. Planning to visit in 2025. Can’t wait to hear about the ship itself. 

And I’ll echo what someone else said, oftentimes the hotel will have an adapter you can borrow for the evening. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Sometimes the front desk will have adapters you can borrow.  We were able to borrow one in Barcelona for our 2 night stay. 

edited: looks like I quoted the wrong post. This was about adapters to charge your devices. 

I’ll ask.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EngIceDave said:

Maybe they should hire some of the ship's crew, be done in 7 days.

Totally can depend on who is doing the work. I was in the Middle East once. We had what they called TCN’s (third country nationals) doing construction. They were working on this one building. Small one story. Handful of rooms. I came back 15 months later and they were still working on it. They brought in the air force’s elite civil engineering group. They call them the red horse (Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operational Repair Squadron Engineers). They were in for one week and had buildings built and roads paved and everything.

• Like 11