Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

5 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Half glass shower! Takes practice to not make a mess of the place.

image.thumb.png.76502f68f3f542a932eb7959fb62627c.png

That's how it is in much of Europe. And in Spain the hot water literally comes out boiling so you have to be careful not to scald yourself! 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 6

If you come here and want to go inside sagrada familia, book it in advance. The earliest you can get in is Tuesday. Well…unless you want to book the French tour. You can get in tomorrow with that. 

I can’t do that. I can’t do the other half of hoho because it’s too late. I may try to do that in the morning but I may have to find something to do with my luggage because I think I’d get back after checkout time. Maybe the hotel can hold it for me or something. That luggage thing really screwed me up. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

If you come here and want to go inside sagrada familia, book it in advance. The earliest you can get in is Tuesday. Well…unless you want to book the French tour. You can get in tomorrow with that. 

I can’t do that. I can’t do the other half of hoho because it’s too late. I may try to do that in the morning but I may have to find something to do with my luggage because I think I’d get back after checkout time. Maybe the hotel can hold it for me or something. That luggage thing really screwed me up. 

I bet the hotel can hold it for you.👍

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg...how's your jet lag?   You seem to be functioning on all cylinders with no sleep!

Yeah I do this quite a bit during football season since I have to get up super early to make it to New Orleans for those noon games. Sometimes I only get a few hours sleep. Which is more than I had today. But get some coffee in me. A few beers. I’m good till 10pm.  Of course we did skip 6 or 7 hours didn’t we? So it’s like afternoon now even though it’s 9pm. But this will be a great way for me to get adjusted. I’ll be 100% on their schedule tomorrow.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I do this quite a bit during football season since I have to get up super early to make to to New Orleans for those noon games. Sometimes I only get a few hours sleep. Which is more than I had today. But get some coffee in me. A few beers. I’m good till 10pm.  Of course we did skip 6 or 7 hours didn’t we? So it’s like afternoon now even though it’s 9pm. But this will be a great way for me to get adjusted. I’ll be 100% on their schedule tomorrow.

I may have embellished. I usually pass out at halftime of the SNF game on those days. So let’s say I’m good till 8:30pm on little/no sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I do have one problem. I forgot about the European plug thing and they don’t have any usb ports in the room. So I have no way to charge anything tonight. They do have them on the hoho bus but I only had usb-c in my pocket at the time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I bet the hotel can hold it for you.👍

Yeah as expected he was overly nice about it. Told me he would hold the suitcase for me all day if I wanted. And I could continue to use the hotel facilities like the rooftop lounge all day tomorrow if I want. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 16

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I do have one problem. I forgot about the European plug thing and they don’t have any usb ports in the room. So I have no way to charge anything tonight. They do have them on the hoho bus but I only had usb-c in my pocket at the time. 

Could have been remedied by a friend, that knew you were traveling, reminding you what you might need. Look what I received last week. 

403B52FD-B398-4CCF-8821-E04CD23EE739.jpeg

• Haha 33