Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

@Saint Greg.....what fantastic memories you are creating on this cruise.....your web site will be jamb packed once you get it all posted!  You do an awesome job of report LIVE!

Is it my imagination or since this is a sea day does the ship seem crowded now that you are all on board at the same time.  It seems that way based on your posts today and looking at the passengers.

I am sure you will find your own "spot" to hang out, but you do not seem to remain in one place for any length of time.

Thoroughly enjoying following along!

• Like 5

Just now, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg.....what fantastic memories you are creating on this cruise.....your web site will be jamb packed once you get it all posted!  You do an awesome job of report LIVE!

Is it my imagination or since this is a sea day does the ship seem crowded now that you are all on board at the same time.  It seems that way based on your posts today and looking at the passengers.

I am sure you will find your own "spot" to hang out, but you do not seem to remain in one place for any length of time.

Thoroughly enjoying following along!

Yeah it’s crowded. Feels more crowded than panorama but when you think about it. There’s no brewery here. No real desire to go to the sports bar and watch tennis. The tv screen is such that you can’t sit at a bar and watch it. It’s low and not facing most of the seating. Doesn’t seem like there are a lot of pool side activities. No bar seating in serenity. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Isn’t there a rule against going topless in the buffet?

when I was getting that cake earlier this guy was running around in there with no shirt on.

Yes and there should be signs posted on the wall at all entrance doors to the Lido restaurant stating it, including next to the auto-doors at the aft pool. It reads ' shirts and shoes are to be worn in the Lido ' or similar. The sign is about 6x9 so it doesn't stand out.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Is a

White Russian supposed to bubble like this or did she give me a soapy glass or something? I just don’t remember them being like this.

IMG_6857.jpeg

I've had a few but never with bubbles 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg.....thought you might be enjoying some quiet time on your balcony during these sea days!

I provably haven’t sat out there for more than five minutes at a time. I don’t like quiet time. I get bored pretty easily.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

On 6 it’s like. Not a regular door. Watertight door I think. I don’t know if that’s normal on deck 6 or not. I’ve never stayed in a forward room below deck 7. I need to check out the other decks a see what they’ve got. Some times that waterproof door will be propped open and you can go out. Sometimes it’s closed and I’m not sure how to operate it so i don’t mess with it.

What is a water proof door? Is it this picture you posted?

IMG_6853.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like the 10, 9, 7 forward decks are mostly normal. The one  difference i found is the deck 9 door is port side only. 

IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6840.jpeg

IMG_6841.jpeg

IMG_6842.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6845.jpeg

IMG_6846.jpeg

IMG_6848.jpeg

IMG_6851.jpeg

IMG_6850.jpeg

IMG_6852.jpeg

This is what they have on deck 6. Which I want to say is standard. I just

forgot because I never stay this low.

IMG_6853.jpeg

Hi @Saint Greg🙂

Thank you so much for the info & photos of the Forward Observation Decks. Extremely helpful!

Deck 5 wraps completely around.

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Is a

White Russian supposed to bubble like this or did she give me a soapy glass or something? I just don’t remember them being like this.

IMG_6857.jpeg

The Dude abides...

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes and there should be signs posted on the wall at all entrance doors to the Lido restaurant stating it, including next to the auto-doors at the aft pool. It reads ' shirts and shoes are to be worn in the Lido ' or similar. The sign is about 6x9 so it doesn't stand out.

Doesn't matter. I regularly see people come into the buffet with no shirt or shoes, literally dripping wet. And even worse when I was on the Celebration last November someone left a seat in the buffet sopping wet which you couldn't tell and thus I got my shorts all wet from sitting there!

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Doesn't matter. I regularly see people come into the buffet with no shirt or shoes, literally dripping wet. And even worse when I was on the Celebration last November someone left a seat in the buffet sopping wet which you couldn't tell and thus I got my shorts all wet from sitting there!

"The sign is about 6x9 so it doesn't stand out."

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2

Is a

IMG_6857.jpeg

Unless that milk came out of a frother, bubbles aren’t usually included!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

What is a water proof door? Is it this picture you posted?

IMG_6853.jpeg

water tight door is what I was thinking. Yeah. This is what that door looks like on the inside.

IMG_6858.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1