Tracy Inlet excursion

Panama GAL

I did this excursion in 2013 and it was well worth the money.  I don't recall exactly how big (how many passengers) the catamaran was but there was plenty of one on one time chatting with the naturalists on board. It was definitely a highlight of my trip and I still think about it fondly today - ten years later.  I would do it again in a heartbeat given the chance.  

• Thanks 1

I’ve done it twice, both through HAL and both leaving from Juneau, not directly off the ship. Each time I went I was on different sized boats, the first one was smaller than the second one. I loved Tracy Arm and would go again!!

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the advice! There are so many interesting options on the cruise- we also have stops in Ketchikan and Skagway. Any feedback on excursions there?

Again, thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Your question was answered about a week ago and here's a link to that thread (eventually you will get more comfortable learning some tips for searching). 

I think this option is only offered on the Koningsdam and Volendam which share the same itinerary:

Vancouver

Inside passage

Tracy Arm/Juneau

Skagway

Glacier Bay

Ketchikan

Inside Passage

Vancouver

On these cruises some passengers disembark in Skagway and travel overland through the Yukon and Denali to Anchorage.  These passengers do not get to go to Glacier Bay and I think the excursion is intended primarily to allow these passengers an opportunity for glacier viewing, but is open to all passengers.  It is a fantastic tour and gives a different point of view getting close in the catamarin vs further away from a huge ship.  The one downside s that you get a few  hours less than Juneau so you must decide which is more important to you.

Roy

I had done Tracy Arm a few times on the cruise ship when I decided I wanted to see it from the catamaran. So, I booked a cruise that had that shore excursion, leaving from the ship at the beginning of Tracy Arm, just so I could do that. 
So very glad I did! 

The scenery from the perspective of being closer to the water was a real change. We also got very close to the glaciers (yes, we went to both North and South Sawyer Glaciers), which gave an entirely different view of them. 

Well worth the price, and I would be happy to do this excursion again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Panama GAL said:

Thank you so much for the feedback- I haven’t heard anything bad, so I’ll be booking this!

Transfer at sea. A little photo from our Roll Call to affirm your decision. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2864068-july-22-2023-alaskan-inside-passage-from-vancouver/?do=findComment&comment=64108868