Elite wifi discount with pre-cruise pricing

webecruzin2

I'm sure this has been asked before but due to the flash sale there's a mountain of posts to slog through.
We've never purchased a pre-cruise wifi package before due to our Elite free 90 mins.
The basic wifi package doesn't indicate it's part of the flash sale.  Pre-cruise 16.99 vs on board 19.99 per day.
Do we still get our Elite 30% off of the  pre-cruise price and how can I get it to appied?
Thanks in advance. 

My understanding is that you have to call to get any Elite status discounts applied. When I read through the most recent flash sale thread I learned that the discount was not eligible for stacking. But then I read in other threads that it was. So I recommend that you just call. 

On another (but related) note, you mentioned that in the past you just used your included 90 minutes. How was that?  Did it work fine?  We are planning to just use our Elite minutes and not get a package. Will it be enough to just check email or send a quick message?

Yes, the wifi was a little slow but just fine to check email and send texts.  You can use it a few minutes at a time and it will let you know how much time you have left when you sign off.   
So if you're both Elite you get 90 minutes each.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

On another (but related) note, you mentioned that in the past you just used your included 90 minutes. How was that?  Did it work fine?  We are planning to just use our Elite minutes and not get a package. Will it be enough to just check email or send a quick message?

The elite minutes are the premium package which are pretty decent speeds now that Starlink has rolled out.  Be careful to log out as soon as you are done with what you need to do to conserve your minutes for another session.  

• Thanks 1

Just got off the phone with CC.  
So the answer is yes.  She gave me 30% off of the pre-cruise basic wifi rate of 16.99 per day (11.92) and with the flash sale upgrade voucher for 6.99 per day we saved approximately $31.00. on a 14 night cruise.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, webecruzin2 said:

So the answer is yes.  She gave me 30% off of the pre-cruise basic wifi rate of 16.99 per day (11.92) and with the flash sale upgrade voucher for 6.99 per day we saved approximately $31.00. on a 14 night cruise.     

Great.  An issue I've experienced first hand is if you call regular X, the reps might not stack the discount.  Yet if you call CC you should get the discounts stacked

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

Just want to clarify the 31.00 savings was if we had purchased the flash sale of 20.99 per day premium wifi which would have totaled 293.86