Leave Ship After Checking In

cabogal

We will be on the Getaway, in Lisbon, and the sailing time is 8:00pm. I was wondering if we can check in early, leave the ship to explore Lisbon and return at "all aboard" time of 6:00pm? TIA

typically, no, on a classic embarkation day. anything is possible, but I have not seen this. If your cruise begins with an overnight in the embarkation port, then that is a different story. the answer would be yes.

I think it would be difficult once on the ship but I don't see a problem getting your card then leaving the terminal building before getting on the ship. But you will be with the crowds and in line for ages for no reason.
I don't really see the advantage though, you might as well drop your bags with the porters and not enter the terminal, having dropped the bags you are free to explore the city, just return 2 hours before sail away and do the check-in, it will be very quick done late with short lines. I think this would be the best use of the time available.

There is a duplicate thread.

There should be no problem getting on dropping bags(if cabins available) and then getting off again.

B2B get their cards and get off.

Will use a bit of time in Lisbon there  has been a good walk from terminal to ship every time we have been there.

ziggyUK - correct !

Check in as early as possible -

Taking care of checked luggage -

Processing documents -

Getting Key Cards -

If boarding - determine what to do with extra/excessive Carry-On personal luggage -

Take it with you on your pre-cruise excursion or stash in your cabin if possible -

Remember the boarding rules are different on the first embarkation (2 hours more ?)

as opposed to the routine daily port call boarding.- (half hour or more) -

Some Ports of Call may have different protocol YMMV !

There can be dual times  the check in deadline to close the manifest and send the check in staff home/back to regular duties,

Then the all aboard time to have the ship leave on time.

Remember Europe including Lisbon/NCL are used to mutli embarkation where the ship has a mix of embarking passengers and those where it is a regular port day. 

13 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Remember Europe including Lisbon/NCL are used to mutli embarkation where the ship has a mix of embarking passengers and those where it is a regular port day.

Does that suggest that they won't know if someone is doing what the OP is asking about?  I.e. they can't easily tell the difference between a port stopping passenger, and a newly embarked passenger?  I mean, they could read their screen carefully I guess, but I don't think they will...

I thought only MSC does the bus style get-on/get-off at all sort of ports during a sailing.

2 hours ago, mpk said:

Does that suggest that they won't know if someone is doing what the OP is asking about?  I.e. they can't easily tell the difference between a port stopping passenger, and a newly embarked passenger?  I mean, they could read their screen carefully I guess, but I don't think they will...

I thought only MSC does the bus style get-on/get-off at all sort of ports during a sailing.

NCL been doing for quite a long time

Recently Sun over winter and Epic this summer.

Probably not on the cruise OP is doing.

There are no reasons to not let people off crew, B2B or new embark