Is the 70% Memorial Sale a good one?

Wubbajk

I want to take family on a cruise when my daughter graduates high school next year.  The summer cruises are expensive, when you compare them to others that are during the school year.   I have high schoolers, so I am forced to live with it for a few more years.....  Looking at a cruise for next May 28, 2024.  When would be a good time to book? It is a 9day cruise to various parts of the caribbean.

When is the best time to book is one of the most common questions on CC.  

The most common answer is: you should book when you feel comfortable with the price.

If you book now,  you are protected against increases in the fare.

If you book now,  you can take advantage of any price drops if/when the occur.  

You'll find that most NCL sales are not really sales.  

For example, NCL might offer a 2nd passenger sails free. But if you check,  you'll find the fare for two people hasn't changed.  NCL has doubled the fare for the first passenger.  All the cruise lines do this.

The best thing you can do is try  to find a Travel Agent that discounts the fare NCL advertises on their website.  I can't tell you who I use because of the CC rules. However, she charges 8% less than NCL.

17 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Find a travel agent in your area who is a Certified Travel Consultant.

I use a TA who is located over 600 miles from where I live.  I've never met her.  None of the local TA can match her services or her prices.  

21 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I use a TA who is located over 600 miles from where I live.  I've never met her.  None of the local TA can match her services or her prices.  

My travel agent's office is about 3 miles from my home.

16 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

My travel agent's office is about 3 miles from my home.

I couldn't find a TA local to me that discounts cruise fares.  I gladly give up being local in return for her 8% discount.  Her services are great too.

• Like 1

i have 2 Bermuda cruises for October and November, with this sale both of my cruises went up about 300-400 dollars when this sale went into effect. if you can, it might be best to wait till the sale is over

ncl offers the same "sale" in different forms, and has done so for the past few years. however the so-called sale reads, the price rarely changes, and if it does, certainly not for the benefit of the cruiser.

i have posted before, for some inexplicable reason, ncl's method of doing math, is wholly and totally different from the average person. wait a few days until this wonderful memorial day sale is over, check again and you'll see maybe a different offer, but the bottom line price you pay for your cabin probably wont have changed. if you're looking to book a cruise one year out, dont sweat it, you'll have much time

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Wubbajk said:

I want to take family on a cruise when my daughter graduates high school next year.  The summer cruises are expensive, when you compare them to others that are during the school year.   I have high schoolers, so I am forced to live with it for a few more years.....  Looking at a cruise for next May 28, 2024.  When would be a good time to book? It is a 9day cruise to various parts of the caribbean.

do a fare comparison.  Plug in a date mid summer of this year ( 2023), see the prices.  Then plug in your date of May 2024, see the prices.  Then you will know if things will be going up.  Keep in mind, the closer it gets to your cruise date, things tend to increase ( until final payment is made, then there MIGHT be a discount on some unsold cabins).  I seem to book a cruise at least 1 year out.

21 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I couldn't find a TA local to me that discounts cruise fares.  I gladly give up being local in return for her 8% discount.  Her services are great too.

@RocketMan275, we used to live in Huntsville and have a mutual friend (Nancy). Email me when you have time!

Denise ( sun.diego at g mail)

On 5/28/2023 at 9:22 AM, 9tee2Sea said:

do a fare comparison.  Plug in a date mid summer of this year ( 2023), see the prices.  Then plug in your date of May 2024, see the prices.  Then you will know if things will be going up.  Keep in mind, the closer it gets to your cruise date, things tend to increase ( until final payment is made, then there MIGHT be a discount on some unsold cabins).  I seem to book a cruise at least 1 year out.

We booked for July 2023 in Sept 2019. I had checked a few months ago and it had increased a lot so I was happy. Then folks on our roll call said they were getting rebates. We checked and got $1200 FCC!! Very happy we did. You just never know.

• Like 1