Equinox Aqua Class Sky Suite ~ Full Suite?

mafig

Were these suites always suites?  They seem to be smaller than the other suites, their size more in line with the balconies.

Are they entitled to the full suite benefits?  Is their restaurant Luminae or Blu?

Yes, always been suites. Sky suites get all  suite benefits including Luminae and the Retreat Sun deck and lounge. The sun deck on EQ  wasn't really finished; no bar, no water feature, little shade. And up some steep steps. 

2 minutes ago, 39august said:

Yes, always been suites. Sky suites get all  suite benefits including Luminae and the Retreat Sun deck and lounge. The sun deck on EQ  wasn't really finished; no bar, no water feature, little shade. And up some steep steps. 

Thanks for replying.

I know Sky Suites get all suite benefits, but these cabins are classified as "Aqua Class Sky Suites" which made me wonder.  Also, I wanted to know if they were allowed to dine in Luminae, since DH does not like Blu.

Those suites have only recently been classified "Aqua" sky suites. They cost more than the further toward the aft sky suites as  the noise factor from OVC tends to be less the more forward the suites are. We have stayed in some of those suites prior to X raising the prices on them. 

• Like 1

They just reclassified some S2 Sky Suites to Aqua Class Sky suites to generate more revenue from them as their location is more desirable due to less noise from above on S class ships.  On M class they reclassified some of the S1's again for $$$$

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

They just reclassified some S2 Sky Suites to Aqua Class Sky suites to generate more revenue from them as their location is more desirable due to less noise from above on S class ships.  On M class they reclassified some of the S1's again for $$$$

That's pretty funny because if I didn't ask this question here, I would probably avoid this class because to my mind Aqua = Blu and DH does not like Blu.

I find it funny as they tried this when they brought out the Reflection with the additional Sky Suites where they designated some a AS with the AQ shower tower in the bath tub and access to Blu (prior to Luminae).

At the time they seemed to be having trouble selling them at an upcharge over a SS as I would often see a sailing with many empty and a W Suite GTY offered.   I would book the GTY and always be assigned the AS suite.  

I suspect it will go the same way this time where they either have to reduce/eliminate the price difference between S2/S1 and the Aqua version or reclassify them again.  In many cases I've seen an upcharge of over $1k pp.  I don't think many will value the spa amenities that much.  Generally these can me more desirable cabins/locations but again the price differential to me isn't worth it.

• Like 3