Zero OBC for world cruise?

seattleslew

Holland tells me that I have zero OBC to apply to my 2024.  Is this normal?  They are telling my TA that I will be entitled to future OBC only after I complete one world cruise.  Basic Cat G cabin.  This just seems weird to me with this huge investment ... and I'm traveling solo!

I just did a quick look at the pricing for that world cruise, and I didn't see any OBC offers.  Again, just a quick look.

OBC is not as important to me as the total cost of the cruise.  To that end, once I have selected the cruise and the perfect cabin and have the booking secured with the cruise line I transfer the booking to my warehouse club TA.  On the WC, once it's completed, I'll garner a $3200 "gift card" voucher from the warehouse club, plus when I charge the payments to the warehouse club affiliated credit card, I get three percent of the total cruise price back.

Good luck with your booking and the WC.

Thanks for that.  I keep hearing about using that card and if I were better at math, I could figure out if would benefit me more than using the Holland Barclay card for double points on HAL.  Since I cruise HAL so much, I always redeem points for cash/OBC with them.

3 hours ago, seattleslew said:

Thanks for that.  I keep hearing about using that card and if I were better at math, I could figure out if would benefit me more than using the Holland Barclay card for double points on HAL.  Since I cruise HAL so much, I always redeem points for cash/OBC with them.

You gotta put the pencil to it and see what works for you.  Since we cruise for the itinerary amongst our favorite three or four lines, our warehouse club credit card pays off, plus it's three percent on all travel, not just cruises, so we use it for airfare and guided tours as well.

Not sure when you booked but I think this may be a case of the fact that it’s May 2023 and I’m assuming this is for a Jan 2024 World Cruise? I think most of the OBC and promotions are for when they first go on sale. 

Edited by Omax4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...