Airfare for Haifa port

We are sailing out of Haifa and are using the NCL air promotion.  Considering arriving a day early, but NCL has no hotels to offer.  Does anyone know if we will fly into Tel Aviv or Haifa?  I see there is a small international airport there.  Want to confirm hotel near airport we fly into as we will be tired.  If TLV, we would then transfer to Haifa next day rather than trying to take train when we are already exhausted.  Any suggestions, recommendations, appreciated.  Thanks

I have booked Haifa to Istanbul for 2024. 

I am booking my own air fare and am planning to fly to Tel Aviv for a few days before going to Haifa.

I suggest that you call your T A or PCC to find which airport you are flying into

Some planes do not fly during the Sabbath and Jewish holidays. Some hotels do not allow check in or check out during the Sabbath and Jewish holidays.  Be certain to check with your hotel

We will arrive in Tel Aviv at 5PM on 11/20, the day of sailing, embarking 11pm. So was wondering if best to use train to Haifa bus station, the taxi to pier or see if best to purchase NCL transfer from TLV airport directly to ship.  Recommendations?

On 5/29/2023 at 3:08 PM, Go2SeaTheWorld said:

We will arrive in Tel Aviv at 5PM on 11/20, the day of sailing, embarking 11pm. So was wondering if best to use train to Haifa bus station, the taxi to pier or see if best to purchase NCL transfer from TLV airport directly to ship.  Recommendations?

I would say it depends on how comfortable you would be with that time frame. The train from Tel Aviv to Haifa takes 60-75 minutes according to my research, plus the walk to the pier (the train stop looks close, but it may be dark when you arrive). You may want to do a private transfer or NCL transfer based on your risk assessment. Also, have you considered traveling a day before? That time frame looks a little tight for my comfort.

1 hour ago, sherrihall128 said:

I would say it depends on how comfortable you would be with that time frame. The train from Tel Aviv to Haifa takes 60-75 minutes according to my research, plus the walk to the pier (the train stop looks close, but it may be dark when you arrive). You may want to do a private transfer or NCL transfer based on your risk assessment. Also, have you considered traveling a day before? That time frame looks a little tight for my comfort.

Really appreciate your response. Unfortunately, we have had another obligation set for a few months on that day before. It had to be the 19th & in order to reschedule the original flight, the 5pm arrival was the earliest available. Our  cruise was originally on the Epic from Rome to Haifa 12/1-12/13 that was cancelled. So felt lucky to even be able to get the same itinerary, in reverse, 2 weeks earlier. Guess we’ll just have to 🙏 it all works out. I have been looking at private transfer, but $$$$$$.  Will certainly check for NCL transfer closer to date. 

• Like 1

Don't take the train. It is really a commuter train, and large luggage is cumbersome. I learned the hard way. Based on our experience and others I met along the journey, I would not use NCL for flights. You won't get the details, perhaps until about a month before. You have lots of planning to do. If you have the time, arrive earlier and visit Israel.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Don't take the train. It is really a commuter train, and large luggage is cumbersome. I learned the hard way. Based on our experience and others I met along the journey, I would not use NCL for flights. You won't get the details, perhaps until about a month before. You have lots of planning to do. If you have the time, arrive earlier and visit Israel.  

What would you recommend for a transfer? I'm planning way ahead for our cruise in 10/2024, and we plan to stay in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv for 3-4 days before the cruise.

1 hour ago, sherrihall128 said:

What would you recommend for a transfer? I'm planning way ahead for our cruise in 10/2024, and we plan to stay in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv for 3-4 days before the cruise.

I don't have any recommendations since we just went with the train (mistake) and then a taxi from Jerusalem to the airport, which cost about $100.

If you are looking for tours, I highly recommend Guided Tours Israel.  I've used them four times with great success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Oh, no, almost used it for a cruise we had planned right as Covid hit (so cancelled) & learned from Cruise Critic how risky that could be. We're flying American. Really glad to know about that about the luggage. I'm a pretty high maintenance packer, especially for a 2 week trip. Hoping that we could still purchase the airport transfer to the cruise ship, though.

22 hours ago, Go2SeaTheWorld said:

Oh, no, almost used it for a cruise we had planned right as Covid hit (so cancelled) & learned from Cruise Critic how risky that could be. We're flying American. Really glad to know about that about the luggage. I'm a pretty high maintenance packer, especially for a 2 week trip. Hoping that we could still purchase the airport transfer to the cruise ship, though.

Work hard at examining each item as you pack. I am going solo to central Europe for a few weeks in Sept and did a trial with a carryon and backpack.  It worked!  That said, tacking on a cruise adds to the complications and need for double many items. On the other hand, every time we get back home, I reflect on how I could have done with about 1/3 less clothing and shoes.