Need advice for lipstick that will stay on

zcat

I need your help for a lipstick maker that has lipsticks that will stay for longer than 3 seconds. Just bought 2 LOreal and they won't stay on. Always use Mac but they haven't lasted either. Can anyone please tell me what line to purchase lipstick from. Oh yea, I have tried powder, makeup and eye shadow cream sealer under the lipsticks. Thank you so much for any help.

I love my CoverGirl Outlast. I get it at Walmart or Target. On sale it's usually less than $10. Comes with a sponge-tip applicator & then a separate gloss, which I rarely use.

I love these because I'm SO not good at remembering to re-apply during the day. I swipe on the color before I leave the house in the a.m. & it's still there when I get home!

Hope you like these too.

I have to agree with the above poster...Cover Girl Outlast. I can eat lunch, and wipe my mouth and still have it on. All I do is reapply a coat of the clear to make them shine!

I swear by it...bee wearing it for almost a year now!!!!

Ollie:)

Another vote for the CoverGirl Outlast.

When they don't have the perfect shade I'm looking for, I get something in the same color family and then put on a regular lipstick in the perfect color on top of it. When the regular lipstick wears off, I'm not stuck w/ pale lips.

or use a trick my sister taught me: use lip liner to completely cover lips (not just line them), then use a lipstick brush to put on your favorite lipstick, then use face powder and apply all over lips by dabbing it on with your finger. It really sets the lipstick. Just be warned that it does slightly change the color of the lipstick you're wearing, so maybe check it out in advance to be sure you like it.

I use the lip liner tip, but I don't use powder over it. I've never found one of the long last lipsticks that doesn't seem to feel very dry or peel off, I don't care for the over-gloss at all.

I swear by my Chanel lipstick, with the lip liner trick, it lasts for at least half the day, I reapply after lunch and I'm good for the rest of the workday.

I agree with the Cover Girl Outlast!!!! Whenever I go to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned, the gal hands me a tissue and asks me to remove my lipstick... I tell her that I can't!!! so she goes ahead and cleans my teeth, and when she is done, my lipstick is still perfect!! She says I should do a commercial for Outlast!!!! :)

I tried Cover Girl Outlast and found it to be too dry for me. Even after applying more gloss it seems to cake and peel. I discovered Mac Pro Longwear Lipcolour. It is wonderful......does not get dry or cake. The gloss end of the wand screws off and you can replace it when it runs out (usually long before the color does). They have different kinds of gloss....some with metalics. For a neutral color that goes with everything and most everyone can wear, try "Stuck on You". I love it!!!

I just buy an inexpensive version of my favorite color, CoCo Red by Chanel, and keep it in my beach bag and re-apply.

I buy tubes of either Revlon's Cherries In The Snow or Sephora #94 and keep them all over the place.

The long last dries out my lips and because I am susceptible to buger lip, I can't wear the long last any longer.

The best stuff I have ever used is called SeneGence. This stuff stays on forever and is not dry. It is rather expensive and you have to purchase through a distributor. Maybe there is one in your area that would let you give it a try.

:o

I just buy an inexpensive version of my favorite color, CoCo Red by Chanel, and keep it in my beach bag and re-apply.

I buy tubes of either Revlon's Cherries In The Snow or Sephora #94 and keep them all over the place.

The long last dries out my lips and because I am susceptible to buger lip, I can't wear the long last any longer.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what buger lip is???

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what buger lip is???

I think that is when your lipstick flakes off - looks like "boogers". I've had that happen with some brands (Revlon is bad on me). The lipstick dries out and flakes.

I can't wear longlast lipsticks either--my lips are too dry. I have a few still in my lipstick basket but they probably won't survive the next purge. I usually can't wear ANY lipstick--I just stick with lip balm (which I carry in every bag, vehicle, and have in all my desk drawers:p ) and some lip balms with color--Burt's Bees has some nice shades, as does L'Occitane.....Ah, well.

The best stuff I have ever used is called SeneGence. This stuff stays on forever and is not dry. It is rather expensive and you have to purchase through a distributor. Maybe there is one in your area that would let you give it a try.

:o

Interesting. Our neighboring city is having a garden/home show in the county arena and SeneGence has a booth there. Never heard of them till your post, and if we go I'm going to check it out.

Esther

Went to the store last night and got the Cover Girl AND they had a $2.00 off coupon woopie. I will get the other lipsticks and know I will love then also. Thanks so much for all the answers. I knew I could count on my cruise friends.

Interesting. Our neighboring city is having a garden/home show in the county arena and SeneGence has a booth there. Never heard of them till your post, and if we go I'm going to check it out.

Esther

A cosmetics distributor at a home/garden show? Well, that's kind of interesting. Are they thinking we need to apply it like mud? (teeheehee)

Ocean City, MD is having their annual home/garden show this coming weekend - we're planning to go. I'll be sure to look for this vendor & file a "report." ;)

I tried Cover Girl Outlast and found it to be too dry for me. Even after applying more gloss it seems to cake and peel. I discovered Mac Pro Longwear Lipcolour. It is wonderful......does not get dry or cake. The gloss end of the wand screws off and you can replace it when it runs out (usually long before the color does). They have different kinds of gloss....some with metalics. For a neutral color that goes with everything and most everyone can wear, try "Stuck on You". I love it!!!

I use the CG Outlast, but under it I use Collagian Lip Treatment (can't remember who makes it... all that's on the tube is M, but it's made in France).

Marg

Marg,

Thank you very much for the tip. Since so many of you like Cover Girl Outlast, I will give it another try. Another tip is to apply the color very thin. If you get too much on, it tends to get more cakey. Also apply the gloss often. I do this with Mac (partly because it is so expensive.....lol). I just noticed Estee Lauder now has a permanant lip color called "Double Wear". It is in the same kind of tube as Mac, color at one end and gloss at the other. The price is $24, Mac is $20. At $6 a tube, I should learn to love Cover Girl. LoL!!!

I'm a big fan of Outlast, but it does dry your lips. I try not to wear it every day, and if I do, say for a cruise, I make sure to clean it off with petroleum jelly or chapstick and wear P.J., Chapstick or Burt's Bees to bed. Also carry around a spare stick of the gloss topcoat and reapply frequently. You can buy just the top coat stick, not too bad with a coupon, about $3-$4. Max Factor Lipfinity isn't as drying & has great colors but it doesn't last as long.

Archived