Is 2 p.m. typically the earliest boarding time?

TomBeckCruise

2PM is the normal time. Some ports don't let anyone in before 2PM. Some ports don't have restrictions. Silversea is adjusting boarding in some ports by leaving the hotel at noon, taking the first load of guests to the ship early. So it just depends on where you board and you won't know if going to board early unless your staying at a Silversea pre hotel

HI, I disagree. My last 2 sailings I boarded before 2......actually, there were folks on board before 1:00 on my recent cruise out of Athens and I was on board about 1:30. I know the emails still say 2:00pm but that (in my experience) is no longer true for all sailings.

On our last 2 cruises 8/22 and 3/ 23 boarding times were at 1pm and midday. And we weren't the first on though close at midday in Lisbon.

Edited by drron29
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to know also.  We are embarking on Thursday 6/1 from Vancouver.  Boarding time is supposed to be 2pm, with rooms available at 4pm.  Ship leaves at 6pm.

Get there early?  Noon, 1pm?

Or wait until thing start flowing with less line up?   Maybe 2:30 or 3?

2 hours ago, mogulman said:

I'd like to know also.  We are embarking on Thursday 6/1 from Vancouver.  Boarding time is supposed to be 2pm, with rooms available at 4pm.  Ship leaves at 6pm.

Get there early?  Noon, 1pm?

Or wait until thing start flowing with less line up?   Maybe 2:30 or 3?

I do exactly what you mentioned and prefer to get there around 2:40 to 3. 

So we arrived at the port at 1145 am.  They took baggage and filled out room tags for us.  We went in and filled our health form and waited as they hadn’t opened check in.  It opened around 1210 pm no lines fairly quick and we were on board by 1230ish.  They said rooms would be ready around 2 pm.  

13 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

So we arrived at the port at 1145 am.  They took baggage and filled out room tags for us.  We went in and filled our health form and waited as they hadn’t opened check in.  It opened around 1210 pm no lines fairly quick and we were on board by 1230ish.  They said rooms would be ready around 2 pm.  

Exactly our experience for our Dawn cruise this past January.

• Like 1