Disembarkation from Southampton

grimpil

We are cruising on the Silhouette in October. The itinerary shows disembarkation at 0600. Planning on booking express coach to Heathrow from harbour parade. Choices are 0745 or 0945. We do not have priority status on Celebrity (just our 2nd cruise on Celebrity). Any recent experience on when you are able to get off ship?

Delays happen so I go latter. on one cruise last year we were due in Southampton at 6am but didn't actually dock until nearer 8am and were'nt allowed to strat disembarking until 8.30am

Agree with the 9.45 coach. The coach station is a bit of a walk from the port. Disembarkation is pretty swift at Southampton. The earlier coach will hit more traffic too. Anticipate being at Heathrow for 11.30 -12.00. However if your flight is earlier the 7.45 and self porter your bags off. There are plenty of taxis but imagine the driver would not be chuffed on such a short ride. 

Edited by hawkesbaynz
Spelling

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186299-i695-k10752411-Walking_to_National_Express_Bus_Station_from_cruise_ship-Southampton_Hampshire_England.html

Admit I have never noticed the coach terminal. Only go on coach’s on cruise holidays. I must check it out when next in the city. Parking at Heathrow is getting ridiculous. Maybe an option for me if travelling alone.

• Thanks 1

I disembarked Silhouette yesterday morning in Southampton. We had breakfast and left the ship just before 9. We were a party of 4 with luggage so we got a taxi. We had booked the 9.45 to Heathrow and arrived at the station around 9.15. Both embarkation and disembarkation were exceptionally smooth and quick on our cruise, which was fully booked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While they may say the ship arrives at 6:00 AM by the time formalities take place walk off's usually don't begin until 7 to 7:15.    I would definitely shoot for the later bus and have a less stressful disembarkation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1