Oceania Disembarkation Hours

Mrshoffy

Does anyone know how long Oceania will allow you to remain on board once we reach the final port?

I know they’re in a hurry to turn over the cabins but I’m in no rush and would like to stay on board (perhaps at the barista bar) for as long as possible!

9 minutes ago, Mrshoffy said:

Does anyone know how long Oceania will allow you to remain on board once we reach the final port?

I know they’re in a hurry to turn over the cabins but I’m in no rush and would like to stay on board (perhaps at the barista bar) for as long as possible!

For most (if not all) disembark ports, you need to plan on being off the ship by 9:00AM.

1 hour ago, Mrshoffy said:

I think you'd be quite unwelcome almost anywhere on the ship after 9am.  Crew are frantically busy to do deep cleaning and turn the whole ship around.

1 hour ago, Mrshoffy said:

@Mrshoffy

Thank you for your new topic on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your new topic to the Oceania Cruises forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have cruised Oceania frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

2 hours ago, Mrshoffy said:

We like to be in the last group off the ship since mornings are not my forte and we're in no rush. As Flatbush Flyer said, you need to be off the ship by 9 am for many/most ports. Going with this default schedule, you must be out of your cabin by 8 am (and your cabin steward will really appreciate it if you are out earlier since they are indeed frantically working as soon as people leave their cabin). We carry our own luggage off, so we take everything when we leave our cabin and head to breakfast (Terrace/Waves/GDR). After breakfast we make one more stop at Baristas and hang out until it is time for our departure. It is a lovely, relaxing way to end the voyage (but still way too early for me!).

• Like 1

It is also courteous to the room steward, who needs to get all of the cabins cleaned and ready for the next customers in very few hours., to have the cabin empty no later than 8AM ....we have notified our steward that we were heading up to breakfast a little after 7 and that we have left our carry ons on a chair out of the way.  He/she is welcome to come into the room and start stripping the beds, etc while we are gone.  We make sure we are back and out the door for good prior to 8AM with all our belongings.

• Like 3

I’ll give a perspective from the other side of the “get out of the room” curtain.  We sailed B2B on Regatta in September.  The handful of back to backers (~18) were to be the last group off, routed through Customs and Immigration and reboarded.  That being the case we were ask to remain in our cabin until the prescribed time 9:30 as I recall which gave us a glimpse of the chaos of changeover.  Stewards, butlers and all available staff were scurrying here, there everywhere.  Guests dragging luggage would have been very problematic.  Boy those folks work hard, still our room was fully tidied during our brief absence, amazing.

• Like 5