LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

7 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I didn’t see a lot of litter. There was always someone sweeping up everywhere. Now the tagging thing is true. Lots of graffiti. DH even said they should “stop selling spray paint” in Athens because it was a lot. Didn’t really bother me, but it was everywhere. 

I guess I'm used to it after living in Los Angeles, NYC, Boston and London. Kinda ubiquitous in any major city. Yay!  I got to use a multisyllabic word.🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I guess I'm used to it after living in Los Angeles, NYC, Boston and London. Kinda ubiquitous in any major city. Yay!  I got to use a multisyllabic word.🤣

You get 50 points. 😉 

I’m at the point that it doesn’t really surprise me. I thought the cleaning was on point. I’ve seen worse in the bigger domestic US cities definitely. 

• Haha 1

Great review as usual Megan!  I just took your advice and downloaded the Free Now app for our Western Med cruise in October.  It will be our first trip to Europe, so I appreciated the travel tips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

@MeganGC1983 did you notice any random charges from the FreeNow app? Reviews mention canceled trips and erroneous charges. Looking to use it during an upcoming European cruise. Thanks!

No crazy charges. We did have a canceled trip in London from the airport that was really a pain in the @$$. The driver got to the parking garage and canceled because I guess he didn’t want to deal with the wait/traffic. We had all ready waited 15 minutes for him, so that sucked. But I’ve had things like that happen on Uber or Lyft sooo 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jmklade said:

Great review as usual Megan!  I just took your advice and downloaded the Free Now app for our Western Med cruise in October.  It will be our first trip to Europe, so I appreciated the travel tips.

It will help. Make sure you comparison shop between it and Uber. Have a great trip. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing your trip.  Photos are great and I've made lots of notes.

The cooking class looks like a good excursion but we'll be giving that a miss at £130 ($160) each. I couldn't see if you mentioned the cost.

Like the look of the pirate ship day you had in Bodrum.  Going to have a look at booking one even if I'm not much of a swimmer so will be looking in to one.  Did you book through VIator?

I was really confused about getting about on Santorini but you've helped with that 🙂

I certainly do not envy you your long travelling day from the US.  I feel you on the jetlag flying west to east.  I always struggle coming back to the UK from the US.  Need to make sure I'm not in work the day after we land.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bubbles3 said:

Thanks for sharing your trip.  Photos are great and I've made lots of notes.

The cooking class looks like a good excursion but we'll be giving that a miss at £130 ($160) each. I couldn't see if you mentioned the cost.

Like the look of the pirate ship day you had in Bodrum.  Going to have a look at booking one even if I'm not much of a swimmer so will be looking in to one.  Did you book through VIator?

I was really confused about getting about on Santorini but you've helped with that 🙂

I certainly do not envy you your long travelling day from the US.  I feel you on the jetlag flying west to east.  I always struggle coming back to the UK from the US.  Need to make sure I'm not in work the day after we land.

Thanks so much for following along, and I’m glad I could help. The cooking class was comp-ed to us. It was $155 per person, and something we would never do normally. However, it was enjoyable. 
The pirate ship, yes on Viator. There are two options, and we chose the all inclusive option. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Thanks so much for following along, and I’m glad I could help. The cooking class was comp-ed to us. It was $155 per person, and something we would never do normally. However, it was enjoyable. 
The pirate ship, yes on Viator. There are two options, and we chose the all inclusive option. 

Thanks I will check out Viator. 

Will have to see what else to do in Mykonos.  I feel we'll probably just be wandering about 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbles3 said:

Thanks I will check out Viator. 

Will have to see what else to do in Mykonos.  I feel we'll probably just be wandering about 😂

There’s a ton to see. We lost track of time just winding around and up and down the streets and alleyways. 

• Like 2