Cruise overbooked? Email offer from Regent came today.

8 hours ago, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

On which sailing? We sail in just over two weeks, from Stockholm... Still waiting for our GTY to turn into a real stateroom! I'm confident that it will, but we're very excited to see where we'll be!

Apologies for not being specific.  @dsindallas had started thread about 11Jun Navigator out of Montreal.  We also had GTY on that cruise.

• Like 1

For us, all-time incentive record to rebook was for a Voyager extended cruise from Sydney to Singapore.  Offers to cancel and rebook a cruise we had arranged to join with my brother and his wife and mutual friends began three weeks before getting on a series of flights from Seattle to Sydney.  Stared with full refund plus $5,000.  Last offer made three days before getting on the plane was---

$23,500 in addition to full refund. 

Did not take it, nor did anyone in our group, no-doubt because we had planned this particular cruise for about two years.  Otherwise, had it just been the two of us, would probably have taken the bait. 

And, of course, that segment was completely booked. 

GOARMY!

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here. How late are restaurants typically open? I'm contemplating a tour that lasts until 8:30PM. Will that be too late to get dinner anywhere?

2 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask here. How late are restaurants typically open? I'm contemplating a tour that lasts until 8:30PM. Will that be too late to get dinner anywhere?

Believe you are good until 8:30 and if not room service is 24/7 and you can order from the restaurant as soon as you get back so no need to change. 

11 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Believe you are good until 8:30 and if not room service is 24/7 and you can order from the restaurant as soon as you get back so no need to change. 

We'll be gunky from the tour, and will have to clean up and change clothes. I don't know if we'll make it. Do the restaurants have hours? Grandeur sailing.

Usually serve until 9 or 9:30. How fast can you clean up😁 Maybe place order with room service from RS or Compass Rose menu . It should be delivered by the time you get cleaned up.

Edited by cwn
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cwn said:

Usually serve until 9 or 9:30. How fast can you clean up😁 Maybe place order with room service from RS or Compass Rose menu . It should be delivered by the time you get cleaned up.

I'm fast! We'l be able to make it. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

I'm fast! We'l be able to make it. Thanks!

I am too and could make it. By that time most people will have left. Those that are still there will be into their cups and won’t care you look like😂

Edited by cwn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cwn said:

I am too and  oils make it. By that time most people will have left. Those that are still there will be into their cups and won’t care you look like😂

OK, I'll ask for a table away from a mirror.  🤓

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Why rush?  Just plan room service that night.  If you have a butler arrange it through him. If not, no problem.  They'll bring it course by course if you want, wine, bar drinks, whatever.  Set it up on your balcony and have a quiet dinner looking at the view.  Or relax in your cabin with a movie.  We've done that a few times. Much more enjoyable.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1