Anthem Large Balcony

Hi all! My current sailing has the large balcony at $120 more than standard balcony. There are a few cabins available ending in 62 & 70 on decks 7-12 and then 644 on deck 13. I know it's not a large amount but wondering if it's worth it at all and if there are any pros/cons to deck. I also see that the cabin size shows a bit smaller than the standard balcony, but I didn't see any difference in photos/videos. We'll be three in a room. Thoughts?

I could be wrong but from my observation when looking at cabins online, it seems like if you want a larger balcony, the room size is smaller.  I personally would rather my cabin size be bigger instead of my balcony.

We stayed in 12248 described as having large balcony but frankly don't remember how big it was vs. standard. We like deck 12. Have also stayed on deck 11 and it was fine. 

I would simply recommend selecting a deck with staterooms above and below, and mid-ship if possible. 

We had one of the large balconies on Anthem in March.  It's considerably larger than the standard one.  The room is slightly smaller from what I read, but we never noticed.  We spend a lot of time on the balcony, so it was awesome. 

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have had at least 2 large balconies on Anthem and found them to be too deep and dark.   I prefer a wider cabin than a deep dark tunnel like balcony.

That is exactly my thought. We had a large balcony junior suite over Easter on Anthem but it felt dark unless you sat near the balcony so just felt a bit pointless. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I would avoid Deck 13.... it is under the nosiest areas of the ship, has poles in front of the balcony and a large overhang that blocks the sun and sky.

Had deck 13 mid-ship on the first sailing of Quantum. 

No complaints, but ... it was a free upgrade from an inside.  🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Another_Critic said:

Had deck 13 mid-ship on the first sailing of Quantum. 

No complaints, but ... it was a free upgrade from an inside.  🙂

Any balcony on a Quantum ship at the price of an inside is worth some noise and shadows!