Odd things we sometimes like to bring with us on a cruise

larrybritt

It may have already been mentioned, as the poster said they bring "pillows" with them, but I read that if you ASK for another pillow (not happy with what you have), they generally have other types to try out.

Just now, mellon1 said:

I have been thinking about bringing an air purifier but couldn't find a travel one that was good.  Where did you get yours/what kind?  Thanks.

I use this one, it’s called Portable Air Purifier Freshener Fridge Air Cleaner Ozone Anion Generator *Z. I bought it a well known auction site. It’s uv and works with a mini usb but also works without being plugged in for a short while.

Portable Air Purifier Freshener Fridge Air Cleaner Ozone Anion Generator *Z - Picture 1 of 12

• Like 1

Just now, Nicole&Pete said:

I use this one, it’s called Portable Air Purifier Freshener Fridge Air Cleaner Ozone Anion Generator *Z. I bought it a well known auction site. It’s uv and works with a mini usb but also works without being plugged in for a short while.

Portable Air Purifier Freshener Fridge Air Cleaner Ozone Anion Generator *Z - Picture 1 of 12

On top it’s about the size of a CD case so quite easy to pack.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:49 PM, Nicole&Pete said:

Does anyone take a stapler with them for luggage tags?

I do! I have a small "travel" stapler that is stashed with all my other travel things (portable luggage scale, various extension cords/converters, travel fan and sound machine, etc). Lately I am loving the new collapsible hampers I just tested out on last 2 cruises.

As an odd thing, we usually bring a roll of DH "preferred" TP... Dont ask, by it saved me a lot of complaints during travels. 

20 minutes ago, nattie said:

As an odd thing, we usually bring a roll of DH "preferred" TP... Dont ask, by it saved me a lot of complaints during travels. 

As long as you don't flush it. 

• Thanks 2

I have several ducks in my suitcase for our September Iceland Cruise. Buffet and pools seem like good places to put them. I also bought a small inflatable duck drink holder for the Jacuzzi. 😁

Edited by Teechur
punctuation repair
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 3:24 AM, Gwendy said:

Have been wiping airplane seats, screens, remotes, arm rests for years.  One person laughed at me, then covid came along.  I do the same in the cabin, including the bathroom.  On a long cruise tend to repeat every 5 days or so.

Ditto....I also take travel size lysol spray and spray the seat...especially the area my head hits (I am a shortie)...why my cousin caught ring worm from a plane seat!😟.

Great thread!  I don't think of this as "odd" but no one else has mentioned it - I bring a bath puff for use with the shower gel.  Makes it lather up so much better.  

I used to bring clips for the curtains until I saw a tip that pants hangers work great for this, and they do!

• Like 1

I'm sure it has already been mentioned, but I NEVER go out any where without my wet wipes, as when I'm in a hotel room or etc., I always wipe down everything that I know "I" will be touching!

• Like 1