Extension cord across ceiling - Horizon Family Harbor Suite

I have a CPAP and we have a Family Harbor Suite booked on the Horizon. 

First, will the magnetic hooks work for the ceiling?  And, how long of an extension cord would I need to go up the wall, across the suite, and down to the desk? Are the suites double the width of a standard room?

Thanks!

OK, so I can't find the actual width of the family harbor suites, but from what I can gather, I need about a 30 foot extension cord. 

This is how I came to that:

It's hard to estimate the width of the family harbor suite in videos I've seen, but, looking at videos of the cove balconies, watching people walk between the bed and the wall, I'm estimating that distance to be 3-4 feet.  Beds have a length of about 7 feet, for a total width of about 10.5 feet.

Carnival lists the total square footage of the cove balconies to be 185 sq ft, and the family suites to be 275 sq ft.  As the lengths of the cabins are the same, that means the width of the suites needs to be about 1.5x that of the cove balconies.  That brings the width of the suite to be about 16 ft.

Nightstands look to be about 2 feet high, leaving 5 feet to get to the ceiling.  The desk looks about 3 feet, meaning 4 feet to get back to the desk.  

This is a total of 25 feet.  But, the outlets aren't directly across from the nightstand, plus a bit of slack, brings the total to 30 feet.

Does this sound right? 

Its shorter to run it on the floor.  Just bring a roll of duct tape and tape it every foot or so on the carpet.  I bought a roll of orange duct tape, so it catches your eye.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 6:02 AM, Elaine5715 said:

There may be outlets unseen (behind the bed) that would be safer?

I looked on a few other ships, and no outlet back there. If you do need a usb plug in for something though, many forget tv has one. 

I have brought an extension cord for a mini fan and ran across and under bed and stuck under bed during day to avoid tripping. Try using painters tape at home see if it holds cord down

as will not leave a sticky residue. Also extension cords must be non surge type per Carnival. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225
added info