Coco Cay chill cabana

I'm not sure how to ask this question........ We have a large family of 17 going.  8 adults, 4 teens and tweens, 2 younger kids and 3 under 3.  I know the cabanas say for up to 8 people, (2 additional for extra fee and I would pay for the extra people).  If they are coming and going all day and not all there at the same time, will I be able to get just one cabana? I just want a location for everyone to check in and leave their stuff, and a place for the babies to nap in the shade.   If I get 2 cabanas, can I specify 2 next to each other? Our cruise isn't until 2025 so excursion prices are not out yet.  I don't remember the cost, we were just there a month ago.  That was not something I needed then so didn't pay attention to the price. What is the average price of an over water cabana or does this change like excursions do?  I have plenty of time but I am a planner and want to budget things.

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Annicruise2014 said:

I'm not sure how to ask this question........ We have a large family of 17 going.  8 adults, 4 teens and tweens, 2 younger kids and 3 under 3.  I know the cabanas say for up to 8 people, (2 additional for extra fee and I would pay for the extra people).  If they are coming and going all day and not all there at the same time, will I be able to get just one cabana? I just want a location for everyone to check in and leave their stuff, and a place for the babies to nap in the shade.   If I get 2 cabanas, can I specify 2 next to each other? Our cruise isn't until 2025 so excursion prices are not out yet.  I don't remember the cost, we were just there a month ago.  That was not something I needed then so didn't pay attention to the price. What is the average price of an over water cabana or does this change like excursions do?  I have plenty of time but I am a planner and want to budget things.

Thanks

No, you only get X number of wristbands per cabana.  Without a wristband, the monitors won't allow you into the cabana area.

I have had 2 cabanas for large groups on multiple occasions, cabanas are not assigned unit  you are onboard.  Go to the shore excursion desk first thing upon boarding and explain your situation.  I have never had an issue getting them side by side.

Over the water cabanas are going for nearly $4000 on many of my itineraries

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

At the Coco Beach Club there is a fee for each person. This is the upper scale beach area. Yes there are cabanas with a per day fee. But this includes 8 people !!
I think the per person fee is @ $223 per day. The children 3 and under for you would be free. Our “beach cabana” is $1999 for the day and an over water cabana would be

$3499.  A lot of money for either, but if you divide it amongst paying persons and getting 8 free passes if you book a cabana it’s not so bad.  Yes you can ASK your concierge aboard the ship to get cabanas next to each other. A good tip may insure that.

Hope all works out and enjoy the family on your cruise !

I believe you are asking about the chill island cabanas?  Since they are also close to the chill island loungers, it would be possible for many of your party to grab a lounge chair.  They could leave their stuff in the cabana as well as have a place for the babies to nap.  The teens could definitely just grab the lounge chairs.  In fact the teens may enjoy a little away time.  You could then pay for the extra 2 and have babies sleep in the shade. If you do decide to get 2 I am sure if you go to guest services the first day, it can be arranged.