Passenger Information

exlondoner

18 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Hey John,

Could you share what Captain you will have on the crossing of the TA heading to us. We promise Good Weather for You!........lol....

Sure. 
Actually, I don’t mind one day of rough and tumble to be amazed how QM2 handles it all. 

Best for your voyage too - no smoke from Canadian fires!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NE John said:

Sure. 
Actually, I don’t mind one day of rough and tumble to be amazed how QM2 handles it all. 

Best for your voyage too - no smoke from Canadian fires!

Thank you....

If permissible, have a drink on me - Bon Voyage - May The Wind Be At Your Back - Smooth Sailing.... 

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 7:06 PM, exlondoner said:

One thing that has vastly deteriorated in the last twenty years is the passenger information channel. This used to be interesting and helpful. It gave air temps, sea temps, weather info for the next port, wave height, wind speed over deck, how far we had travelled, how far to next port, how far to Soton. It had some helpful maps of varying scales. Now, none of these. Why? 

On 6/2/2023 at 7:06 PM, exlondoner said:

One thing that has vastly deteriorated in the last twenty years is the passenger information channel. This used to be interesting and helpful. It gave air temps, sea temps, weather info for the next port, wave height, wind speed over deck, how far we had traveled, how far to next port, how far to Soton. It had some helpful maps of varying scales. Now, none of these. Why? 

We are just off Queen Elizabeth got good information of our TV screen and a detailed map was on deck 10, Captain Howarth gave midday information how far we had traveled etc then first or second officer would give out weather information. Before each port on the daily programme was the weather  forecast.  Yokohama to Vancouver  there was not too may ships to be seen but on one occasion a small cruise ship came close enabling me to ring the front desk and get all its details.

5 hours ago, Down-Unders said:

We are just off Queen Elizabeth got good information of our TV screen and a detailed map was on deck 10, Captain Howarth gave midday information how far we had traveled etc then first or second officer would give out weather information. Before each port on the daily programme was the weather  forecast.  Yokohama to Vancouver  there was not too may ships to be seen but on one occasion a small cruise ship came close enabling me to ring the front desk and get all its details.

I am pleased to hear it is only QV that is so grotty. There are websites like Vesselfinder that tell you what passing ships are, probably someone in the Purser’s uses it too. 🙂