Any free beaches on west side?

39august

It seems that all the beaches are "Clubs" and have cover charges. The only one I know at no entry fee is Playa Azul and I would prefer not to go so far from International pier. Anything else available for no charge currently?

8 minutes ago, 39august said:

It seems that all the beaches are "Clubs" and have cover charges. The only one I know at no entry fee is Playa Azul and I would prefer not to go so far from International pier. Anything else available for no charge currently?

Playa Azul does have minimum entry fee now credited to food and drink, maybe $15-20pp?

maybe try Money Bar, Sky reef if you don’t needs actual beach.

When you say you don’t want a club, do you want to eat and drink, pool, sand?

Palancar is probably only sandy beach on west side which is PAYG but it is just as far as  Azul in other direction. Several other places if you just want restaurant looking at ocean. It depends what you require.

Thanks. Have looked at Sky Reef on line. Probably will suggest that to my son and DIL. I know there is little sand on the west side. Been to Coz many times over 40 years. Haven't been off the ship on Coz in several years, however.  My concern for Playa Azul was it used to be very hit and miss for a taxi back to the ship. Sometimes a long wait to flag one down. 

Just now, 39august said:

Thanks. Have looked at Sky Reef on line. Probably will suggest that to my son and DIL. I know there is little sand on the west side. Been to Coz many times over 40 years. Haven't been off the ship on Coz in several years, however.  My concern for Playa Azul was it used to be very hit and miss for a taxi back to the ship. Sometimes a long wait to flag one down. 

I have never had a problem with taxis. There may not be one passing but the hotel will call for one or next door is Islands which has lots of cruisers although most if the transport maybe pre-arranged through Carnival. Next door again is Buccanos which slso has minimum charge which is credited and they also have waiting taxis or will call.

If the party is all adult, and they don’t need sandy beach again they can check out El Cid (minimum pass) or Del Mar Latino, within walking distance of International and whilst there is a cover charge the price will be off-set by no taxi fare.

33 minutes ago, 39august said:

i had forgotten about El Cid. That might be OK for them. Do you know what the cover charge is now and do they still allow that to cover some food and drinks?

No sorry you would have to contact the lobby directly for current pricing. it has been a long time since we went there. I would guess about $20-25 with $10 towards food to include pool and wifi,  but that is a complete guess. Their full AI  pass is about $65.

We have preferred Del Mar in recent years ($39pp AI) for a budget day or Park Royal if we want more facilities and small beach,  over the full pass at El Cid.

However El Cid has had some decent recent reviews, if you use the search engine,  and we have considered giving them another go for a change.