Clermont , Victoria Hotel London- Need advice

For those that may have stayed at the Clermont Hotel, Victoria what are you thoughts.  While it looks like a lovely hotel and centrally located, some reviews online have mentioned a long walk  like 10 minutes to another building for their rooms.   Isn't there just one main building,  and if not can they guarantee you wont be in another building>

We stayed at the Clermont Victoria last year and loved it.  Beautiful hotel and comfy rooms, very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful complimentary breakfast and perfect location. As far as I know there was only one building....can't imagine where the other building would be.  Once we got off the elevator we were about thirty seconds from our room. I would most definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Like 1

I’m sure if the Claremont was sending people 10 minutes down the street to an entirely separate property there would be numerous complaints online - I can only find one review as you describe, although you say “some”. 

I suspect this is an exaggeration based on some internal layout, which other reviews have described as a “maze” and involving “an internal bridge” at top floor level. Such things are not uncommon in hotels in large old buildings, where some spaces may have been repurposed over time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

I suspect this is an exaggeration based on some internal layout, which other reviews have described as a “maze” and involving “an internal bridge” at top floor level. Such things are not uncommon in hotels in large old buildings, where some spaces may have been repurposed over time. 

Even in the Savoy, you can sometimes feel like you've had to walk into an adjacent postcode just to navigate your way through the building.

The Clermont Victoria probably also has added complications from its part in Victoria station's slightly mind-boggling history.

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

We are considering staying at the Clermont Victoria Station in May of 2024.  Looks gorgeous!  We've never been to England before and I know some things about the hotel will be different than what we are used to here in the States.  Anyone have thoughts on the room type?  I'm looking at at least a "Deluxe King", but also see a "Superior King" and "Studio Suite" listed and the price difference isn't significant enough to make the decision for us.  Other than the size difference, anything else I should consider when choosing our room?  Also, there is an option to add breakfast daily - is it worth the extra money?  

Thanks for the help!

Cyndy

Gorgeous and centrally located. We stayed this past May and then in June.

First  stay , rooms close by to elevator. Second  stay in June, up the elevator, down the hall, around the corner... but yet very nice property and would stay again.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on reviews on this board we have booked the Clermont next August pre cruise. Does anyone have any advise on easiest way to get from Heathrow to this hotel. Looking at private transfers recommendations or advice on National Express if it is easy. 

10 hours ago, dion03 said:

Does anyone have any advise on easiest way to get from Heathrow to this hotel.

Tube: Piccadilly Line to Barons Court, a cross-platform change (a walk of about 10 feet), District Line to Victoria. Step-free at Heathrow, small steps between train and platform at Barons Court, step-free at Victoria (best to use an exit to the mainline station). You are then almost at the hotel's front door.

The National Express coach takes you to Victoria Coach Station, which is about a third of a mile away from the hotel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have advice on the best way to get to Southampton from the Clermont. We will stay at the Clermont for 3 nights then will head to the Holiday Inn Southampton the day before our cruise. Looking at bus or train whichever is the easiest. 

The easiest would be to take the direct train from London Victoria to Southampton Central, if it's running when you need it. The train takes a relatively long time, but hotel is basically above the railway station so you don't have to spend any time or energy schlepping to another station to get a train or a coach.

The main caveat is that there is/was a proposal that these direct trains would cease with effect from the next timetable change, which will be in ?May 2024. So it will be worth checking that before making final plans. (But it is far too early to making final plans anyway.)

• Like 1