Guarantee Room Assignment

zackarykeef

Hello, all! This will be our first cruise with Princess, so just wondering when they typically assign a room number if you’ve booked a guarantee room. I know how other lines work, so just wanted to see if princess was similar and it could be any time or if they are typically sooner vs closer to embarkation.

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Hello, all! This will be our first cruise with Princess, so just wondering when they typically assign a room number if you’ve booked a guarantee room. I know how other lines work, so just wanted to see if princess was similar and it could be any time or if they are typically sooner vs closer to embarkation.

Thank you!

Could be anytime.  Lately, some have reported just before sailing.  A lot of factors now, guarantees offered on most sailings, bidding and full ships, so I would just keep checking.  
Good luck!

I always book guarantee staterooms.  Ever since Princess initiated the Bid to Upgrade program, I been getting my room assignments closer and closer to embarkation day.  Prior to this program, I usually got assigned a room around the 30 to 45 day mark.  With the program in place, I've been getting my room assignments from 14 days and below to sailing.  My guess is that Princess is trying to accept as many bids as possible prior to sailing to max out revenue, which leaves the actual available cabins in limbo until the imminent sail date.  The overbooking situation plays a role in this as well because Princess has to see how many guests with rooms already assigned will take a move over offer.

Having said all of this, I'm a late booker who more often than not, books after the final payment date of a sailing.

• Like 1

We booked on May 6th, and I noticed they had assigned us a stateroom last week.  Unfortunately it was assigned in the wrong section and I'm still trying to sort out the mess "Lee" made while trying to fix it for us now.

On the other hand, my sister in law (who made the bookings for us at the same time as hers), got assigned to the correct spot, so YMMV.

Our sailing date is October 24, 2023.