Thoughts on Majestic aft-facing cabins?

Sopwith

We’re looking at a long cruise with quite a few sea days, but haven’t been on any Princess ships for quite a few years.  Any thoughts on the aft-facing cabins will be appreciated.

Also, any thoughts on preferred mini suites vs those to avoid?

Thanks…

51 minutes ago, Sopwith said:

We’re looking at a long cruise with quite a few sea days, but haven’t been on any Princess ships for quite a few years.  Any thoughts on the aft-facing cabins will be appreciated.

Also, any thoughts on preferred mini suites vs those to avoid?

Thanks…

We were assigned an aft cabin on Marina Deck last year and loved it. We thought being underneath the Lido deck may be an issue but it wasn’t. The balcony was huge, which is rarity as most balconies in the Royal Class ships are tiny.

IMG_1580.jpeg

• Like 2

Just got off the Majestic yesterday and I felt quite bad for the aft facing balconies right under the Lido deck. The people standing on their balconies basically became part of the view for the hundreds of people standing right above.

8 minutes ago, danny6514 said:

Just got off the Majestic yesterday and I felt quite bad for the aft facing balconies right under the Lido deck. The people standing on their balconies basically became part of the view for the hundreds of people standing right above.

Since I don’t do anything on my balcony I wouldn’t do in public it’s no big deal. The motion in aft cabins and decent sized balconies are the best. With the motion I sleep like a baby

We had one once and never again.  While ship was underway the prop noise was overpowering..almost couldn’t have a conversation.  With the side to side rocking of the ship had to wedge a chair in sliding door to keep it from slamming back and forth.

We were in B737 on the Majestic and it was a fantastic cabin.  We would book it again in a heartbeat.  

So, the pros of this room are .. it’s a deluxe balcony so has a small sofa.  The balcony is absolutely huge for a Royal class ship.  The view of the wake is my favorite and of course, no wind to worry about.  The balcony is half covered on this deck as well.  

A couple of the cons are that the room is a long walk to midship.  I was in a knee brace during my cruise so, that’s the only reason I even noted that.  Also, there was soot on our balcony at times, which the room steward kept clean.  However, white pants may not be a great idea.  We even had a mat near our door to wipe our feet so the carpet didn’t get full of black soot.  

All in all, the positives far outweighed any cons in this room!  Some of the other aft facing decks had smaller balconies, some were uncovered.  On the Baja deck, they were perfect.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Careful with those aft cabins.  Make sure they are at least partly covered because if it rains, you have no protection.  Also, you have people looking down on you.  Not my idea of a great cabin.    There is also a lot more motion so if one is prone to sea sickness, not the best idea.    Also, for some reason, I believe there is a smoking area aft so fumes tend to migrate.   The good you are not far from the buffet.

We always book an aft cabin, but make sure that it is a deck with the large balconies. Right now, we are in D728 on the Sky and loving it. You can always look at "images" online and check out photos or explore on YouTube. We have a huge balcony and partial coverage. The balconies above and below are half the depth of ours.

The buffet is above us a few floors. 

We get lots of exercise.