Booking a new cruise while onboard...

MikeyB

On 6/3/2023 at 12:18 PM, uktog said:

Following- we found it such a challenge with the lady onboard Venus last year - it was her way or no way (we knew what we wanted just needed prices) but we had to have three appointments however we did at that point place the booking onboard with our own agent aka told her that’s where it was to be placed and she did it. 
She told us all sorts of horror stories why we shouldn’t do that - we ignored none of the issues happened and our agent gave us a better offer as well

We came off a Viking river cruise in April and took advantage of post sailing offer to book an Ocean sailing with them for next May.  Being new to Viking (just 2 river cruises) I was under the impression that here in the UK we can only book via Viking direct and so no TA additional benefits.  Is my understanding correct?  Many thanks.

Regards

41 minutes ago, royallondon said:

We came off a Viking river cruise in April and took advantage of post sailing offer to book an Ocean sailing with them for next May.  Being new to Viking (just 2 river cruises) I was under the impression that here in the UK we can only book via Viking direct and so no TA additional benefits.  Is my understanding correct?  Many thanks.

Regards

No, we booked our first through our travel agent and our second onboard and transferred back to the agent.  We have had benefits both times

• Like 1

4 hours ago, royallondon said:

I was under the impression that here in the UK we can only book via Viking direct and so no TA additional benefits.

Like @uktog I can confirm that TA benefits are available in the UK.

Our usual practise is to check cabin availability and make a provisional booking with a UK phone agent who then contacts our TA. The TA then gets back to us for confirmation and billing. We have also had a booking made on board an ocean ship transferred over to our TA when we returned home. 

It is probably too late to do this with the bookings you have already made, but this is certainly something to think of for next time.

• Like 1