Should I wait til I board re: problem w/Add On

tbmrt

My TA sent me an email saying that he gave me $50 more in loot for my upcoming cruise.  I went to Add On section of VV app and it says $25.  I wrote my TA and he said he has his receipt for $50, but not to worry this will automatically come into the app within a day of boarding.  If  not, I can go to Sailor Services to get.

Should I call them now or just wait to see if this happens?

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

My TA sent me an email saying that he gave me $50 more in loot for my upcoming cruise.  I went to Add On section of VV app and it says $25.  I wrote my TA and he said he has his receipt for $50, but not to worry this will automatically come into the app within a day of boarding.  If  not, I can go to Sailor Services to get.

Should I call them now or just wait to see if this happens?

Hi, the app is always behind the website so it's worth logging into your account to check.

All irregularities correct themselves once on board.

• Like 2

As above, when it is correct, I shoot a screen shot of the website to have proof, but I've never needed it.  The app always uploads correctly after boarding.  On one cruise, we got a message on the app that it would be uploading correctly during the first night overnight.....and it did.

I just added the extra $300 plus $50 onto my bar tab.  Could not do on app, but did it on computer.  Took a screenshot of this info to keep.

Question:  When I registered my husband and I for the cruise I filled in the same credit card information for both of us.  Now that all the monies are showing under me, can he still use his band to charge things against this same account?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

I just added the extra $300 plus $50 onto my bar tab.  Could not do on app, but did it on computer.  Took a screenshot of this info to keep.

Question:  When I registered my husband and I for the cruise I filled in the same credit card information for both of us.  Now that all the monies are showing under me, can he still use his band to charge things against this same account?

Yes, in our situation it was automatically set up so that we both had access to all the loot and bar tab with either bracelet.  The funny thing is that the "wallet" couldn't be seen on my travel partner's phone--she would just show up as "your expenses have been paid by....."  I could see all the details on my phone.

Also, do you qualify for the loyalty match?  If so, your bar tab bonus should be adjusted to $100, in addition to the $100 complimentary bar tab that is part of Deep Blue Extras.  If you don't know about the loyalty match, go to the VV web site and scroll down to "loyalty."  You can read the qualifications and apply on line; allow a week for it to show up.

Edited by cantgetin

42 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Yes, in our situation it was automatically set up so that we both had access to all the loot and bar tab with either bracelet.  The funny thing is that the "wallet" couldn't be seen on my travel partner's phone--she would just show up as "your expenses have been paid by....."  I could see all the details on my phone.

Also, do you qualify for the loyalty match?  If so, your bar tab bonus should be adjusted to $100, in addition to the $100 complimentary bar tab that is part of Deep Blue Extras.  If you don't know about the loyalty match, go to the VV web site and scroll down to "loyalty."  You can read the qualifications and apply on line; allow a week for it to show up.

Thanks for the tip....Unfortunately although we've cruised many, many times over the years, we varied our cruiselines so never was able to get to the higher level.

• Like 1

There is a difference between adding the same credit card to multiple people versus "covering" someone else's expenses. I found out the hard way but thankfully it was an easy fix, just dropped by sailor services and they linked my wife to my account on our first sailing. 

When we check-in the app now I only put a credit card on for me and then select my wife someone I'm paying for. Then when she goes to do her check in it doesn't ask for a credit card at all. 

Does anyone know when travel agent "promotional" credit gets added?  I just booked Scarlet Lady for a sailing in February, and the website and app are both showing the current $300 bar tab, but my travel agent had an additional $100 promotional loot.  My confirmation email from Virgin shows it, but the website and app are not showing it in the "Add on" section.  Thank you!

35 minutes ago, ciaoYacht said:

Does anyone know when travel agent "promotional" credit gets added?  I just booked Scarlet Lady for a sailing in February, and the website and app are both showing the current $300 bar tab, but my travel agent had an additional $100 promotional loot.  My confirmation email from Virgin shows it, but the website and app are not showing it in the "Add on" section.  Thank you!

The promo credits usually don't show in the app until you are on board.  Have your TA send you a copy of the invoice from their portal.  It will show everything in pdf form so you can have a backup copy to show sailor services should something not match.  Also, TA's that purchase OBC for you tend not to do it until a few weeks before the cruise, so be sure to get a "final" invoice that shows everything a few days before the sailing. 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

There is a difference between adding the same credit card to multiple people versus "covering" someone else's expenses. I found out the hard way but thankfully it was an easy fix, just dropped by sailor services and they linked my wife to my account on our first sailing. 

When we check-in the app now I only put a credit card on for me and then select my wife someone I'm paying for. Then when she goes to do her check in it doesn't ask for a credit card at all. 

That's exactly what I do--put in my credit card and tick the box that says I'm paying for my travel mate who is in the same cabin.  I've done it the same way for each cruise, and never would have known about the "covering your expenses" message had I not used her phone once.  I don't know what the difference is between "covering" and using just one credit card for the cabin, but it has never made any difference in our accounting.

On 6/6/2023 at 6:49 PM, cantgetin said:

That's exactly what I do--put in my credit card and tick the box that says I'm paying for my travel mate who is in the same cabin.  I've done it the same way for each cruise, and never would have known about the "covering your expenses" message had I not used her phone once.  I don't know what the difference is between "covering" and using just one credit card for the cabin, but it has never made any difference in our accounting.

If you want to share the bar tab then the lead sailor needs to cover their cabin mates expenses so the bar tab is used. If you just type the same card number in both then only the person with the bar tab will get it charged.

On 6/8/2023 at 6:18 AM, jon81uk said:

If you want to share the bar tab then the lead sailor needs to cover their cabin mates expenses so the bar tab is used. If you just type the same card number in both then only the person with the bar tab will get it charged.

OK, I've never re-typed the info.  I've just ticked the box that says I'll be responsible for both of us.  Is that what you mean by "covering?"  It has always worked for us, both on bar tab and on loot.  It also hasn't mattered who the DBE was assigned to--we both qualified, but on the first two cruises, the benefits were only listed for one. Interestingly, for our upcoming cruise, we are both listed as having DBE.  I know that all the benefits are "per cabin."

12 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

OK, I've never re-typed the info.  I've just ticked the box that says I'll be responsible for both of us.  Is that what you mean by "covering?"  It has always worked for us, both on bar tab and on loot.  It also hasn't mattered who the DBE was assigned to--we both qualified, but on the first two cruises, the benefits were only listed for one. Interestingly, for our upcoming cruise, we are both listed as having DBE.  I know that all the benefits are "per cabin."

currently we have $600 bar tab from the current offers and $100 from DBE. Both of these were on my husband’s account as he made the booking. So when we did check in on the app, in the wallet step I said he is paying for everything so it all comes from that total of $700 bar tab.

the other charges (such as Another Rose show and shopping) will go onto his credit card.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Yes, that's what I meant by covering.