Flight ease

Crusin-Suzan

3 hours ago, Crusin-Suzan said:

How far out can you book flight ease?   Have used them before but we have a cruise in May 2024 and can’t look at flights yet!

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

It is based on your debarkation date.  I think it is now 330 days prior to your debarkation date 

Actually 330 days from your planned return flight. With Flight Ease you don't have to book the return flight on the day the cruise ends, it can be several days (weeks?) after the end of the cruise.

• Like 2

The earlier you book the more opportunity for airlines to change schedules that may require you, in turn, to alter your plans. Especially if you book early, hive yourself a cushion at each end so that a minor change doesn’t become a major headache.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FOPMan said:

The earlier you book the more opportunity for airlines to change schedules that may require you, in turn, to alter your plans. Especially if you book early, hive yourself a cushion at each end so that a minor change doesn’t become a major headache.

However, lately the airlines have been rebooking me with connections are VERY tight (last one was 37 minutes in LAX), so I had to change the reservation.

They advertise 330 days from the date you want to travel.  For some reason I'm locked out of booking on Flightease and noone can figure it out.  They say it's too soon, and to wait until 300 days out.  Others on my RC have booked for my desired return date, so I know it's not a matter of dates.  It's really frustrating, but still early. I'm sure it will get resolved eventually.

3 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

They advertise 330 days from the date you want to travel.  For some reason I'm locked out of booking on Flightease and noone can figure it out.  They say it's too soon, and to wait until 300 days out.  Others on my RC have booked for my desired return date, so I know it's not a matter of dates.  It's really frustrating, but still early. I'm sure it will get resolved eventually.

Still locked out?  How many days until your proposed return date?  @richwmnreminded me this morning that if you choose a forward date it will further impact your access (I often stay over for a week or so and had forgotten about this)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Still locked out?  How many days until your proposed return date?  @richwmnreminded me this morning that if you choose a forward date it will further impact your access (I often stay over for a week or so and had forgotten about this)

Yes, still locked out.  Called again yesterday for the 3rd time and they said wait another 48 hours.  Still no reason given or figured out why I can't book.  Return date is 4/23/2024.  The flights started showing up for booking as expected over a week ago, but I'm unable to book. Others on the roll call have booked also for return on 4/23.

15 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Native Floridian 26 I can't provide insight on being locked out, but am very interested in the outcome, especially if you learn why you were locked out and when you are able to book, if you can please keep us updated.

I called today and had the same rep I had 2 days ago.  Upon conferring with another group when her attempt to book for me failed, they still insisted that it's too early to book for my sailing.  I have a hard time accepting that reason because others from my rollcall have booked for the same return date, April 23rd.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:53 PM, richwmn said:

Actually 330 days from your planned return flight. With Flight Ease you don't have to book the return flight on the day the cruise ends, it can be several days (weeks?) after the end of the cruise.

So if I want to stay a week or so and fly out of another city from where I disembark, I can still book a Flight Ease flight, right? Thinking of staying in Europe a few days after a trans-atlantic.

14 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

So if I want to stay a week or so and fly out of another city from where I disembark, I can still book a Flight Ease flight, right? Thinking of staying in Europe a few days after a trans-atlantic.

yes, to a degree, you can. I had a trans Atlantic ending in Rotterdam. Flight Ease booked me to fly out of Paris a week later. Unfortunately, Covid happened and that trip didn't.

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

yes, to a degree, you can. I had a trans Atlantic ending in Rotterdam. Flight Ease booked me to fly out of Paris a week later. Unfortunately, Covid happened and that trip didn't.

OK. Good to know. Thanks for the info.

17 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Our cruise ends in Rome October 29th, we are staying Rome for a few days then taking train to Venice for a few days, we fly into Copenhagen to get the cruise and then fly out of Venice, a week after cruise ends.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Yes, that's when the flights showed up.  I can pick them and try to book.  Nothing goes through.

I would call again, I called last week to rebook a flight he quoted a price of $100.00 higher than my original booking, I knew the price was less expensive so I just booked myself at $305.00 less, and I have been refunded the difference.  I had to pay in full for the flight as the cruise was paid in full previously.  Anyhow I would just keep trying new agents at flight ease.  I think some are new and they work across different cruise lines within CCL.

• Like 1

We were locked out of booking airfare on FlightEase last year for over a month.  After several calls, it was finally resolved -- HAL had to delete our incorrect airport of record - don't know where they got it from -- and put in our correct airport preference.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KU1and2 said:

We were locked out of booking airfare on FlightEase last year for over a month.  After several calls, it was finally resolved -- HAL had to delete our incorrect airport of record - don't know where they got it from -- and put in our correct airport preference.

from other reports on CC that seems to be a common problem

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KU1and2 said:

Happened to us couple years ago - when I called in to ask about a rate adjustment, the HAL agent asked with a really strange tone "where do you live?" She saw "ZZW" for the home airport code. As soon as she corrected it, we were able to book flights.

She said she's seen it a lot when dummy bookings are getting created reps will use a fake airport code sort of like a flag. They usually do a good job, she said, of updating it before finalizing the booking if it becomes a real one. But since it's manual, it can get missed.

No idea if that's accurate, but I accepted it and moved on to Flight AEase to get tickets.

19 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Happened to us couple years ago - when I called in to ask about a rate adjustment, the HAL agent asked with a really strange tone "where do you live?" She saw "ZZW" for the home airport code. As soon as she corrected it, we were able to book flights.

She said she's seen it a lot when dummy bookings are getting created reps will use a fake airport code sort of like a flag. They usually do a good job, she said, of updating it before finalizing the booking if it becomes a real one. But since it's manual, it can get missed.

No idea if that's accurate, but I accepted it and moved on to Flight AEase to get tickets.

It doesn't seem to be a home airport problem.  It always comes up as TPA, although we could fly out from many Florida airports.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 5:39 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

Yes, that's when the flights showed up.  I can pick them and try to book.  Nothing goes through.

Clear your cookies?  Try another browser?