Breakfast options for 7 AM port arrival

kdakda

We're due to be in Skagway, AK at 7 am, and I'm considering an early excursion.   Never did anything this early before.   Any idea when the Lido will open for breakfast?    Any chance Club Orange will be open early????     I know I could order room service, but didn't want to wake the husband up.   🙂

I maybe underestimating how long it will take to get off the ship.  Was planning to leave at 7 am to meet the tour at the dock at 7:15.  Maybe I'm not allowing for hundreds of people trying to get off at the same time.

Thanks!

Traditionally, when HAL has an early port stop, the Lido opens for breakfast very early so people can be fed and leave as soon as the ship is cleared. 
I won't swear to the time the Lido will open for a 7:00 AM arrival, but I wouldn't be surprised if it opened at 6:00 AM, or even earlier. 

Remember, not every one will be trying to leave the ship at 7:00 AM. 

• Like 4

Being on the dock at 7:15 when the ship docks at 7:00 is very tight. I can't recall the time taken for the ship to be cleared for passengers in Alaska but 15 minutes is optimistic for clearance and disembarking. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much, everyone!  Had no idea the Lido would open that early, but I should have known the if there are 7:30 excursions, people will need to eat.   Will be ready to get off as soon as ship is cleared.

• Like 1

We were just on the Koningsdam. The Lido was open early on that day. However, the daily program said 6 but it did not open until 6:30. Most days,we used the nightly room service pre-order door hanger card to get at least coffee and some pastiries, fruit and yogurt. My grandson also really enjoyed the American full breakfast offered on that menu. We were usually sure we'd be awake at 6 am since we live in the EST time zone and had a child in our cabin. Otherwise,we might have just waited until we woke up and ordered room service then. 

Thanks so much, Jenhilmc.  Not opening until 6:30 means I need to re-think my plans, and may decide to do room service, or pick up something from the Lido the night before and keep it in the refrigerator.  

39 minutes ago, kdakda said:

Thanks so much, Jenhilmc.  Not opening until 6:30 means I need to re-think my plans, and may decide to do room service, or pick up something from the Lido the night before and keep it in the refrigerator.  

I miss the individual granola boxes and cartons of yogurt which I always kept in the refrigerator for breakfast, along with an orange. Let me get ready at my leisure in the mornings.  

While DH was dressed and ready to go far earlier, and could indulge in a full breakfast deal at the Lido. But alas, those individual serving container items are no longer available.  Work-around required.

1 hour ago, kdakda said:

Opening time will be noted on the daily program so you should have plenty of time to decide about how to eat in the morning.