after "the Big One".....Luggage Forwarding. Again!

shark b8

3 hours ago, Utopia1 said:

I have used Luggage Forward and Luggage Free many times and will continue to use them. My only criticism is the fact that lotions, creams , aerosol cans etc. can not be packed.  (Also apple tags and electrical items are prohibited.)

The convenience and reliability has made traveling a lot easier.

Do you think they don't want you to use an air tag so that they don't get caught out with your luggage location.🤔

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Do you think they don't want you to use an air tag so that they don't get caught out with your luggage location.🤔

Yes I do. The same reason some airlines tried to ban them. They claim it is the Lithium batteries but these are so small, like a watch battery, and are unlikely to cause a problem.

1 minute ago, shark b8 said:

Ironically, about the only problem I didn't have, was the AirTag that was in each suitcase.....🤔

We were in two minds whether to risk putting one in as one friend had no problem but someone else we knew had a long delay and the hold up they claimed was due to the AirTag being in the luggage. We decided not to risk it.

So, for those keeping score, here's the latest.  They did tell me they had entered a claim on my behalf, for the suitcase with the three broken wheels.  They then sent me this email, below, entitled "Claim _____ additional documents requested" .  No instructions, no link, no attachment, no nuthin'.   Only "our deepest apologies".  I sent it back to them, asking how I was supposed to "provide the documents" they asked for.  And...exactly what documents might you be talking about?

jgw7319.jpg

We have also used LF for many years, and thankfully, have not had issues - until our return home from midway through the WC in late March. Our luggage arrived home a week later than promised, and when we inquired about it, were pleasantly surprised to find that they have implemented a refund of twice the fee paid if it doesn’t arrive when promised, provided the delay was not due to something of our doing, e.g., they gave delays associated with examining or extracting “forbidden” items as an example of when the twice the fee paid refund would not apply. 

• Like 1